Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Ten Days In Hell: Part One

"An innocent man labeled as, 174920 is locked up in a hidden facility, but he plans to escape."

0
0 Comments 0
1.9k Views 1.9k
9.7k words 9.7k words
Day One: Initiation

The first day was the worst. It started first as an ambush, then the start of a eternal nightmare. They led me down the entrance in the middle of no-man's land, where I thought I'd die. The entrance was dark and cold, like the hearts of the bastards who did this. The entrance shut, the light of day disappearing forever. The grip of the two male officers holding my arms was tight as the knot of a rope. The feeling was of fire eating my flesh, as my arms fell to being numb. I must have felt like a piece of trash to the guards, because of them being able to grip me like a rag doll. The darkness grew, grew, grew, and grew, until “it” happened.

Light had appeared out of the darkest shadows that only could exist in places unknown to many individuals. The light was growing, until I saw what I feared would come. There stood two machines of terror, but they had no weapons. They stared at me like prey, and awaited for me to enclose, so the guards suspending my arms, placed me on a conveyor belt.

The machines stared at me more and more, then shot beams from their eyes toward me. I thought I was dead, but all that was happening was scanning. The machines scanned my entire body, until the observation was complete.

He is finished. Proceed to phase two of his initiation.

I wanted to run, but I was frozen in place, so I had no choice but to await the next part of this nightmare.

The next part was my identification being removed from existence. The conveyor belt moved me forward into a building. I came to a stop between two separate machines. I stared in horror at the machines, knowing I was about to experience a lot of pain.

“Remain still. Your identification shall now be terminated.”

I wanted to yell out for help, but I knew I was trapped.

“Fuck you! You can never take my identity away from me! It is my choice to change, and nobody else's! Go to hell! Go to hell!” That's all I had to say, as the machines branded a new identity on my arm. I screamed so loud, that it echoed through the hall in front of me. After I finished screaming, I looked at my arm to see what my new identity was. On my arm were the numbers 174920.

Lastly. The serum that would make me live forever. The conveyor belt moved me onward, into a room where I saw a table standing upward. Two men carried me to the table and placed me on the surface of the table, and restrained me by putting my arms and legs in rings attached to the table. A doctor walked in the room, wearing a mask and glasses, just like a surgeon. The table started to move back to where its legs were touching the floor.

“Well, 174920. Welcome to your new home.”

“Fuck you.”

“You'd best calm your temper, for here, the warden doesn't tolerate harsh language.”

“You can tell the warden that I don't give a shit, and he can go to hell!”

“All of you come in the same way, but I assure you, your attitude will change soon enough.”

“I'll never change. My life is mine!” I spat a nasty one right in the doctor's face.

“Time to discipline you.” The doctor grabbed scissors from the drawer next to the table. “Time to make you forget.”

“Forget what?”

“Everything.” The doctor started to cut my shirt off with the scissors. He cut my shirt from the bottom up to the collar, then ripped it off. “You will now be marked.” The doctor grabbed what looked a small nanobot. “Open up.”

“What the fuck!?”

The doctor grabbed my jaw and forced it open. He inserted the nanobot into my mouth, and immediately, I started to gag and choke. “Swallow it.”

I refused to swallow, so I let the nanobot sit at the back of my throat and choke me.

“You really are stubborn! Swallow it!”

I continued to choke. “I'd rather die!”

“I'll make you swallow!” The doctor grabbed my head, and jerked it back, causing the nanobot to slither down my throat. “What the hell were you thinking!”

“Freedom!”

“You're the most difficult subject I have ever dealt with! However, you are not going to escape this part of your initiation.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Why, this.” The doctor grabbed a needle with a green liquid inside of it. “This will change you forever.”

“What is it?”

“A serum that makes you immortal.”

“No. That means...

“Yes. You're stuck here forever.” The doctor injected the needle into the center of my chest, then inserted the green serum.

The serum felt like a fire burning inside of my chest. I screamed so loud, then after about a minute, the burning sensation faded. The same two men who had brought me here came into the room.

“Is he done?”

“Yes. Take him to the catacomb chamber, because this one is much more different than the other subjects I've dealt with in the past.”

“Very well. Release him.”

The doctor freed me from the table, but before I could do anything, the two men grabbed me by my arms and escorted me to the catacomb chamber.

The two men threw me into the chamber's cell, shut the door, and locked it with a code. “Try not to do anything stupid, or you'll have to face the consequences.”

I said nothing, then the two men walked away, out of the chamber. I inhaled and exhaled with force and anger, then started punching the fiberglass door of the cell. “Let me out! Let me out!” I knew it was useless, so I stopped pounding the door and walked to the back of the cell, where the bed was. I lay down and shoved my head in the pillow. I rose upward, then I punched my pillow and yelled as I did so. I quit yelling and sat down. I cried for the rest of the day.

What have I done to deserve this? Why? Why would someone do this?

I didn't sleep that night.

Day Two: A Spark of Hope

Knocking was what caused me to wake up the next day. One guard stood at the door, looking at me with a grin of pure evil. “Rise and shine.”

"What time is it?"

“The time of your life. Now, get up. It's time for you to exercise.”

“Don't I get breakfast?”

“Not necessary. You are immortal. Therefore, you don't need food.”

“I'm hungry. Get me some fucking breakfast!”

“They said you were stubborn, but I didn't think you were this stubborn. I suggest you follow my orders and not give me orders.”

“Fuck off.”

“Very well. Let's see how the warden deals with this little problem.” The guard grabbed his radio. “He's not cooperating.” I overheard the warden on the radio.

“Do what you must.”

“Very well.” The guard put the radio back on his belt. “Remember that small nanobot that was shoved down your throat?”

“Yeah. Why?”

“Because, right now, that little nanobot is erasing your memories.”

“What!”

“Also. The nanobot has another nasty effect.”

“What is that?”

“This.” The guard pulled out a remote with a single button in the middle. He pushed the button, and immediately, a strong electric shock filled my body.

“What the hell!” I screamed from the pain, and fell to the ground, suffering from the pain that continued to fill my body. “Son of a bitch! Damn! Stop!”

The guard pressed the button again, and the shocking stopped. “Stand up.”

I struggled to get up, but I managed to get back on my feet. My breathing was so heavy, and my heart was beating so fast, that I thought it was going to jump out of my chest.

“Now. Will you disobey me again?”

“No.”

“Good. Now. Get up, so you can exercise.”

I listened, and came to the door. The guard opened the door. “Hands behind your back.”

I did as he commanded, and I put my hands behind my back. The guard put handcuffs on me and escorted me out of the cell, to the exercise room.

The exercise room was a small, secluded area with a machine at the end of the room. "What am I supposed to do with that?"

"Operate, and use it, dumbass. What else would you do with it?" The guard was grinning and looking at me as if I were stupid.

"Don't insult me. I don't appreciate that a tiny bit."

"I suggest you quit complaining, and get to exercising."

"Alright. Jackass."

"One more insult, you'll be shocked to death by the nanobot in your system again. Only, this time, I'll set it to level two."

"Okay, then let me be."

"That's better. Get to exercising." The guard turned away from me, and shut the door behind him with a "bang."

The machine looked like a deathtrap, so I decided to do usual exercises. I did one-hundred push-ups, two-hundred sit-ups, two-hundred jumping jacks, and five-hundred dips. These were exercises I would do every morning, when I still worked for the police department. Yet. Somehow, I ended up working for the government, which led to too being stuck in this hidden hell. After the exercises, I was sweating repulsively.

The exercises took me over an hour to complete, so, when I finished, I wiped away the sweat from my face, chest, and back with the shirt that they provided me with. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door.

"Times up. Gather your things."

I was filled with rage. I just wanted to run toward the door and hit it so hard, it broke off the hinges and crushed the guard against the wall across the hall. "Can I get some water at least?"

"That's up to the warden, so we'll see. No guarantees though."

I could hear him chuckling from my desire for thirst, but he could care less about me. Who the hell were these people? Who did they work for? All I knew is that soon, I would find a way out of this place, no matter the cost.

I was taken back to my cell and left there to sit, and do nothing for the rest of the day. While lying on the bed, I thought of only one thing; my wife and son. Right now, they were the only thing preventing the nanobot from erasing my memories. Once I get a chance, I swear on my life, that I'll find a way out, and burn this place to the ground.

When I worked for the government, I was put in a position to build bombs. Unfortunately, there was nothing in my reach to make something like that, or was there? As I attempted to go to sleep, just before I shut my eyes, I caught a small scent of something. I sniffed more and more, and couldn't catch the smell again. It was my mind playing tricks on me, but I could've swore I smelled something. I ignored the thought, and lied my head back on the surface of the pillow then fell asleep in a matter of seconds.

I dreamed of my wife laying next to me. There is sunlight gleaming in a window in the background, and both of us are under the sheets. She is staring at me with her blue eyes, saying over and over, "Remember who you are." The words echo in my head, like a bullet ricocheting in my skull. The repetition of the four words lasts for over ten minutes, then the sun brightens more and more, until she's out of my sight, then she says one last thing, before I wake up. "Don't be afraid, and you'll see freedom again."

I woke up, knowing that that was no ordinary dream. It was my wife telling me to remain strong, despite whatever happens. Now, I knew I had to do all I could to escape, but how?

Little did I know that it wasn't even nighttime yet, and that it was only around 5:00 in the afternoon. "How can I escape from this place? How?" Suddenly, I heard the door to the catacombs open. Out of the dark entrance, was a guard. "Now what?! More torture?"

"Hey!" The guard, violently knocked his fist on the fiber glass wall that separated me from him. "174920! Get your ass up! Time to eat!"

I was surprised. "Really? The other guard told me it wasn't necessary."

"That's bullshit. The serum may make it so that you are unable to die, but it doesn't support the immune system. You still need protein, so get up, unless, you don't want any food."

"I'm coming. I need water as well, because your 'ass' of a guard didn't give me any after exercising this morning."

"What! The warden is going to wring his neck for that."

"His fault. Not mine." I walked to the door and awaited the guard to cuff me or something. He grabbed his handcuffs, then he opened the door. "Hands behind your back."

I did as he said and placed my hands behind my back. The guard cuffed me tight, then dragged me out of the cell. "Let's go." He escorted me out of the catacombs.

The food I was served was horrid. The meat looked rotten, the corn was brown, but one thing was decent; the mashed potatoes. As for a drink, I guzzled down the water they gave me as fast as I could. It wasn't cold, but at this point, I didn't care if the water was fifty-degrees. I'd still drink it. Strangely, the guard gave me another bottle of water, which I guzzled down. I was so dehydrated from this morning and yesterday. Those moments of drinking the water, made me forget that I was here, but once I saw the chains that barricaded me, I regained reality and what was really going on in my life.

"Well, 174920. Is that good enough, because that's all your getting for now."

"I refuse to eat the meat and corn, but the potatoes and the water were good."

"Sounds good to me. Now. Back to your cell."

As much as I didn't want to go back to my cell, I knew I had no choice. "The day will come, but today is not that day. Hang in there. Don't give up. Remember who you are."

I slept for the rest of that day.

Day Three: The Smell In the Cell

I woke up early the next day. I tried to go back to sleep, but for some reason, my body was wide awake. My bladder was full, so I figured I should get all the urine out of my system. I rose from the bed then walked toward the toilet, only a few feet away from the bed. Hoping there was no cameras watching, I pulled down my pants and let all the urine flow into the toilet. There was only a small amount of water in the toilet which sickened me, but at this point, I didn't care. However, if I was taking a shit, then it would bother me. These people were sick, but it didn't matter; soon I would find a way out. I sat back on the bed, and stared at the ceiling, thinking about my wife and son. They had to be worried sick about me, but these bastards probably told them I was dead and died in a car accident or something. Even if they did, my wife would never believe them, for she knew I was a strong person, and it would take more then a car accident to kill me.

I also thought about the little nanobot in my body. Sometimes I could actually feel it crawling beneath my skin, like a parasite that embeds itself in the body. I wanted to rip that thing out so bad, but I knew that I would die if I even tried. The serum may make me immortal, but if I can extract it from my blood, it wouldn't work anymore. Just how long would I be in here before I could escape? Five days? Two weeks? A year? I will use all my power to break out of here, and burn it to the ground. This caused me to fall asleep again.

“Wakey, wakey.”

I jumped out of a dream I was having and gazed over at the door of my cell, only to see a guard banging his nightstick against the fiberglass.

“What now?!” I said with anger.

“It's 8:00 a.m. Time to get up, and exercise.” he replied with evil in his voice.

“My muscles are still sore from yesterday. I can't exercise.” I lied.

“Don't give me that bullshit, 174920. You forget; we know all about you, and the fact that you exercised every morning.”

I was caught. Damn!

“Okay. You caught me.”

“Good. Now, put your hands behind your back, and walk this way.”

There was no use to argue, so I did as he said and walked toward the door with my hands behind my back. The guard entered the code to open my door then grabbed his handcuffs, and opened the door. He put the handcuffs on then escorted me to the exercise room.

In the exercise room, I did the same exercises as yesterday. During the exercises, I was motivated with my rage, so I was able to accomplish double what I did yesterday. Now, I was exhausted and was sweating horribly, which started to make me thristy.

“Can I get some water?” I asked the guard outside the door.

“I'll see if I can. If I can, you'll receive it back in your cell,” he eplied.

This guard actually cared. I wondered what happened to the other guard from yesterday. That was when I remembered what the guard said last night. “The warden is going to wring his neck for that.”

I thought he was just kidding, but could the warden have killed or tortured the guard? Either way, I don't give a shit about what happens to these guards. All I wanted to do was kill the bastards, so I could move to Phase one of my plan to get the hell out of my cell every night. First, I needed to find a way to hack the mechanism that unlocks my cell door. If I could hack it, and shut it down for good, I would be able to get out of my cell, and get a better look at this place.

I wiped the sweat from my face with my shirt just like before then planted myself on the ground to cool off. The exercise room was cool, so I was able to cool down fast. My heartbeat had settled back to its original rate, and my body didn't feel like jello anymore, making it easier to stand again. I inhaled and exhaled slowly, so I could catch my breath. I knew any minute that the guard would be knocking on the door, telling me that it was time to go back to my cell, so I figured I should even myself out, so I wasn't walking like I was drunk back to my cell.

Within a minute, the guard knocked on the door.

“Times up, 174920. Get your things together,” he commanded.

I slipped my sweat-soaked shirt back on then opened the exercise room's door, where the guard handcuffed me again then took me back to my cell.

At my cell, the guard took the handcuffs off then shoved me through the door of my cell, causing me to collapse to the floor. The guard shut the door then returned to who-knows-where, while I made my way back to my feet.

I was all alone again. Isolated, with nowhere to go. It frustrated me, because I just wanted to do something other then sit in the cell all day talking to myself. I punched the hard concrete wall with all my strength, hoping it would do something. Instead, I received only pain and a bloody fist. I had scratches on my knuckles, causing blood to leak from them. It looked like I had just dipped my entire hand in a pool of blood, like the bucket of pigs blood that Carrie White got drenched with.

However, I couldn't die, so I ignored the pain, and let it subside. Since there was nothing to do, I just sat on the bed and looked at the same things I've seen for the past two days. I was tired anyways, so I sat down and closed my eyes.

The dream started out with a bright light then the light dimmed, and my wife appeared next to me;It was the same dream as before. She looked at me then began to say those four words again, “ remember who you are.” She continued to repeat the words over and over, until the light in the background brightened again then she was gone.

I woke up and supposed that it was around noon, but I could've been wrong. I wondered if I should just go back to sleep again, but I decided not to. She would be there, in my dreams, and it was to painful to see her, because it wasn't really her here with me.

I stepped out bed, and walked over to the sink, and gripped both sides of the sink. I stared at myself in the mirror above the sink with a look of rage and hatred, and thought to myself “I can't lose hope. Not ever. I must remain strong and figure out a way out this place, which I knew I could do, but I couldn't do it alone. I needed allies.”

Surely, I wasn't the only person that wanted out of this prison; there had to be others. I'll find out soon enough, for tomorrow, I will interact with people, because I'm getting sick of looking at the same shit every day.

I stepped away from the sink, then started to walk back to the bed, until something stopped me. I had caught a smell of the same thing I caught a wiff of yesterday, only this time it wasn't a wiff; the smell was lingering in my cell.

“What the hell is that smell? I said.

I took in a few more sniffs, until the smell became clear to me; it was gasoline.

Why was I smelling gas? There is no fuel resource nearby, so where was the smell coming from? This surprised me, so I started to search for a possible fuel resource in my cell. I checked under the sink, in the toilet, and under my bed, but nothing was in my cell that required fuel, so where was it coming from? I scratched my head with my right hand then the smell of fuel increased exponentially.

That was strange, so I lowered my right hand, but the smell of the fuel nearly gagged me.

“There's no way...

I rose my hand to my nose, and the smell of fuel filled my nose, causing my eyes to water. The smell was coming from my hand near the knuckles. The smell of fuel was lingering out of the scratches I received by punching the wall. The question was, how did fuel get in my body?

These people wouldn't try to kill me, so they didn't put it in the water I drank, or the food I ate. How else could fuel be in my body? Then it hit me; the only things that have been inserted into my body besides the food and water was that serum. Of course! The serum had to have fuel in it, because the little nanobot that is inside of me must run off of fuel.

This was the most bizarre thing I've ever experienced, but it gave me a lead on why the serum is required and why it burned like hell when it was injected. This was a great discovery, but I still had a long way to go, before I could even think about attempting to escape. My first objective as of tomorrow, is to socialize with others and gather allies.

I needed allies that knew their way around this place, so I can find out where everything is. If I was going to take this place down for good, I needed to know where the main grid is, so everything in this place will be disabled. Until tomorrow, I have to scheme a plan that is for sure going to be enough to get all of these people out of this hell-hole.

The rest of the day was quiet.

Day Four: Payback and Finding Allies

Today was the day that things were going to change, so I prepared myself this morning for anything that may come my way. Secretly, I had done exercises already as early as I could, hoping they hadn't seen me. Even if they did, I was ready to do whatever it took to get out of my cell and this hell. My plan was to force one of the guards that escorted me back to my cell after exercising, to ambush the guard and force him to give me the code to my cell's door.

I knew a guard would be coming any second, so I acted normal by laying in bed, pretending to sleep. More than likely, the guard will pound on the fiberglass door of my cell to wake me up, just like every other morning since arriving here. Which guard would it be? The asshole guard who refused to give me water, or the decent guard who actually cared if I survived? Either way, it wouldn't bother me, because I'll have to kill the guard after he tells me the code, and hide their body somewhere.

Less then two minutes later, a guard came to my cell door and pounded on it with his nightstick.

“Get up!” he commanded.

The voice was clear as glass; it was the asshole. I glared over at him, noticing he had nasty bruises and wounds on his face. My theory was correct; he was punished for disobeying instructions from the warden, and from the look of his face, the punishment was severe.

“Didn't you hear me? Get your ass up, 174920!” he harped.

“I am, asshole. Haven't you ever heard of patience?!” I yelled.

“I'm not the patient-type of person! Hurry up, or I'll have your nanobot give you a severe punishment!” he warned.

“Would you shut the fuck up for just one second?! I'm coming!” I snapped.

“One more insult like that, I'll set the shock frequency to level five; the worst level,” he commanded.

“I'm coming!” I harped.

This guard was pissing me off, and I wanted to get my hands on him so bad, so I could kill him. I put my hands behind my back and walked toward the door, where the guard was waiting.

“I see you know the procedure. That's good. Now, hold still.”

“I am.”

The guard put the handcuffs on so tight that the metal was digging into my skin. I didn't want to start an argument, so I ignored the pain and continued on to the exercise room.

At the exercise room, the guard's attitude changed, because he wasn't taking the handcuffs off, and was starting to pop his knuckles. He lunged forward and punched me in the face so hard, I collapsed to the floor. Blood started to leak from my bottom lip then he kicked me multiple times in the ribs, causing a lot of pain. I thought that he had broken a rib for sure, but he didn't.

“You caused me to go through pain, so I'm just returning the favor,” he said with an evil grin.

“I didn't cause your punishment you sick bastard; you did!” I yelled in my defense.

“Shut up!” He kicked me his hardest in the ribs, causing me to lose my breath then he opened the door to the exercise room. “Consider this your cell for the next hour. Now, get in there.”

I couldn't defend myself, due to my hands being restrained. He threw me into the room, causing me to hit the floor with a loud thump.

“Enjoy your stay.” The guard shut the door and left me in the dark to suffer.

I didn't say a thing, and rolled onto my back. The room was pitch-black, so I couldn't see anything. It was freezing, which I suppose he started up the cool-down session already. I sat on the hard ground and shivered to death.

My breath was showing, which meant it was below freezing temperatures in the room. I gritted my teeth, and thought of only one thing; killing that guard with no mercy being shown. My rage was at its highest range, and even though I was shivering, I knew I would be able to adapt. When I was in the military, I had to go places with temperatures below zero, such as Alaska, Antarctica, and other countries that had freezing temperatures. This was nothing compared to those places, so if this asshole thinks this is going to weaken me, he is dead wrong. He was just making me stronger.

The hour passed, and the lights in the room came on, and the cold temperatures faded away. My body was covered with frost, and the goosebumps on my arms and legs were showing, as if they were a mirage of bug bites. It was time. When that guard opens the door, and escorts me back to my cell, he's going to pay for what he just did to me.

“Time's up. By now, you should be a popsicle,” said the guard.

I didn't say anything, and just remained silent.

“Giving me the silent treatment eh'? Not a smart idea.”

I still said nothing.

“Alright. Time to take you back, so you can rot.”

The door opened, and the guard walked in, looking at me like a piece of trash. He grabbed me by the back of my neck, and lifted me up to where I was facing him face to face.

“I won't be ignored by such a piece of garbage, so let's say I give you a snack.”

I was confused, but I knew whatever he meant couldn't be good.

“Here, have a sandwich. A knuckle sandwich!”

The guard punched me so hard in the face that my nose broke. Blood splattered onto the ground from my nostrils, as I started to scream in pain.

“That's right. Scream. Your screams are music to my ears.”

I continued to scream, but I refused to cry or pass out, so I stayed strong and thought of the four words that my wife says to me in my dreams. “Remember who you are.”

My screaming silenced, which surprised the guard. He expressed an angry look on his face, and looked at me with hatred.

“Come on! Back to your cell.”

Now, it was my turn to torture this bastard, and teach him a lesson through pain. He dragged me by my arm all the way to my cell, admiring my pain as he did. We had reached the stairs to the lowest part of this place where my cell was. I started to ready myself for my assault against this bastard, as we made our way down the stairs. We were getting closer, so I braced myself, because anything could happen.

We arrived at my cell door, and the guard started to release me from the handcuffs. Now, it was payback time, so I prepared myself for my attack. Once the handcuffs were released, the guard said one thing to me.

“Get in your fucking cell!”

“No,” I said silently

“That's it! Time for me to go to the highest levels of torture for you!” he snapped.

“Hehe. You're the one who's going to be tortured.”

“What did you say?!” he replied with anger. “Are you mocking me?!”

“No. You're just an asshole that needs to be taught a lesson.”

“That tears it! I'll kill you myself!”

The guard went to punch me in the face again, but was stopped. I caught his arm and twisted it around 360 degrees, until his bone snapped.

The guard looked at me then screamed from the pain of me breaking his arm.

“H-How? How were you able to do that!?”

“None of your business. Besides, I'm just getting started.”

He stared at me with fear in his eyes then I slammed my kneecap into his genital area with extreme force. The guard fell to the ground, screaming at the top of his lungs.

“Shut the fuck up.”

I got down to his level and started to land severe blows to both sides of his face. His blood splattered in my face, but I continued to hit him over and over. With one final blow, I flattened his nose and broke it beyond repair.

Lastly, I kicked him in the genitals over five times, to where he was defenseless. He was done, so I grabbed him by his shirt collar and made it so he was face to face with me.

“Who's defenseless now?” I said

“I'll kill you... he said faintly.

My assault was complete. Now, it was time to get the code to my cell.

“What's the code to my cell?”

“I don't know what you're talking about.”

Since he wasn't cooperating, I took my right thumb and index finger, and pushed his nose together, making him scream.

“Don't fucking lie. Tell me the code, or I'll do worse.”

The guard gazed at me and knew he was done for, so he gave me a code.

“The code is 9473.” he said weakly.

I had to make sure, before I killed him, so I entered the code into the machine that unlocked my door.

“Access granted.”

I released the guard then proceeded to killing him.

“Thanks for the info. Now, payback is a bitch.”

The guard looked at me, worried.

“Please, don't kill me,” he begged.

“Give me a break! How will you explain how you got all beat up to the warden? You are too predictable, because the first thing you'd tell them is that I did this to you. Plus, you've tortured me, so I'm just returning the torture.”

“Please!”

“Burn in Hell!”

I put my foot on his neck then pressurized my foot, until I removed his head from his shoulders. Blood was all over the floor, so I used my shirt to clean up the mess and hid his body further down the hall, in a garbage recycling machine.

I used the filthy water from my cell's sink to clean the blood off my hands and face. I had ridden one piece of the puzzle, but I still had a long ways to go, but I knew my cell's code now. Part one of today's schedule was complete, now, it was time for part two; to gain allies. I would wait for night to come to do that, because it was to risky to do it during daytime. I knew I was one step closer to getting out of this place.

The day seemed to drag out as slow as a slug, but it was finally nighttime, meaning it was time to prepare for action. I had to be stealthy and cautious, because a lot of guards were wondering what happened to the asshole I killed. I was so glad that an asshole, like the one I killed, was dead, because this world doesn't need people like him, and could go to a place where people like them were welcome, or in this case, that place is hell.

This place seemed like hell, but I was going to get out of this hell, while people who go to the real hell, can't escape. I'd hate to have to burn in an eternal lake of fire for eternity, which I wouldn't be able to escape from, due to being dead, so I couldn't die again. Just like this place, hell is horrible place where I never want to go. Therefore, I'd do all I could to to avoid going to hell, and I knew that killing the guard wouldn't send me to hell.

My cell was completely darkened, so I moved toward my cell door. It was unlocked, so I pushed it open then stepped out, into the hall. I started to walk up the stairs that led to the main level of this place, but I knew there would be guards, so I would have to be very quiet. At the top of the stairs, I looked around and didn't see no guards around. This was good for me; it gave me less to worry about. I walked forward into a horizontal hallway that seemed to go on forever and wondered if I should go right or left.

It was hard to decide, because either way could be a trap and I would be caught. Suddenly, I could hear a voice whispering in my ear, “go right.”

I turned around to see who was whispering in my ear, but was surprised that there was nothing there. My mind had to be playing tricks on me, or that nanobot inside was causing this. Then again, what if that's my wife's voice telling me to go right? It sounded just like her, but the nanobot could be making me think it's my wife's voice. My mind was in a state of debate, which started to give me a headache, so I shook my head and made the decision to go right.

The hall extended for what seemed like miles, but was only about two-hundred yards. To be safe, I remained in the shadows, out of sight, because I didn't know what kind of technology these people were capable of using. For all I knew, they could have night vision sunglasses, which would spot me easily.

The hall finally came to an end, so I remained hid, while I searched around for anything that might give a clue of where to find the other prisoners. I managed to spot some kind of sign with writing on it, so I moved toward it, trying to stay in the shadows.

The sign had directions to every sector in this place, meaning, I hit the jackpot. It was a perfect guide, because it showed the way to every inch of this hell. Overlooking the sign, I spotted the place where they keep other prisoners, which wasn't to far from where I was. Without any hesitation, I cautiously headed in the direction I needed to go.

I stood before a door, labeled “Cell Room,” which meant I was in the right place. I moved toward the door and opened it, only to see over fifty cells all the way to the end of the hall. It was hard to believe that this many people were stuck here.

All of them were sleeping, due to the sound of snoring filling the hall, so I would have to be able to wake them up without freaking them out. I started to walk down the corridor, until I was stopped by a voice.

“You shouldn't be wandering around. You can get in some serious shit.”

I looked around.

“Who said that?”

“I did.”

I turned to where the voice was coming from. It was an older man that looked like he was on the verge of death. I walked to his cell, hoping I could persuade him to join me in an attempt to escape from this place.

“You look like you should be in a grave,” I said.

“I wish I was,” replied the old man.

“How long have you been here?” I asked.

“Over one-hundred years,” he replied.

My eyes bulged. “Holy shit!”

“I was put here in 1920; when it was first established. They told me that this place was being taken over by an army of German soldiers. Turns out, I was fooled and was immediately admitted.”

“That's horrible. By the way, my identification is 174920.”

“Mine's 1.”

“Why, 1?”

“I was the first victim to be a part of this project.”

“I'm so sorry.”

“I've learned to just do what they say, and live a life of misery.”

“I've only been here for three days and have been doing the opposite, because nobody can change me.”

“You've got some balls. Tell me. How did you get out of your cell?”

“Promise you'll keep this between us.”

“You have my word.”

“I managed to kill a guard that treated me like garbage, and obtained my cell door's code.”

“You really are bold. What are you trying to prove?”

“I'm trying to get the fuck out of this place, but I can't do it alone. That's why I'm here. I need your help.”

“Getting out of here is impossible, because there are guards everywhere, and if we fight, we will be tortured to death.”

“That's why I've come up with a plan.”

“What kind of plan could you have?”

“I've had my years in the military as well, so I figured out that the nanobots in our bodies require fuel to run.”

“How could you know that?”

“Last night, I scratched my knuckles, and the scent of fuel was coming from the openings of the scratches. In other words; the serum that they insert into us contains fuel.”

The man looked at me surprised.

“What a discovery. How is that going to get us out of here?”

“There has to be a source of fuel somewhere in this place. If we can find it, I'll be able to create something that will ignite this place into nothing but rubble.”

“What about cameras? The warden is watching us at all times.”

“If I can find the main power grid that powers this place, I'll hack into it, and shut it down. The doors to the outside will be open, the cameras will be dead, and the machines will be dead that guard the front entrance.”

“What does this have to do with me?”

“I need you to get everybody out of this place, before I blow this place up. Once this place is destroyed, we will return home to where we belong, and once the serum fades from your system, you can finally rest in peace.”

The man hesitated for a moment, but came back with an answer.

“Alright. If you believe you can remove this place from existence, I'm with ya'.”

“Good to know. Let's get the fuck out of this place.”

“Roger that.”

“As soon as I find the power grid, I'll shut it down and let you know. However, I'll need time to build a miniature bomb that will destroy this place.”

“How long?”

“Two days. That's all I need. Can you wait that long?”

“I've been here longer then anybody else, so I can wait a couple of days.”

“Glad to have an ally.”

“I never thought somebody would have the guts to attempt an escape.”

“I'll let you know when the time's right.”

“I'll be waiting.”

The man turned away from me and lied on his bed. As for me. I rushed back to my cell, knowing that this place was going to fall soon.

Day Five: Terminating

A bomb. A bomb is what was going to destroy this place, so I needed the proper requirements to make a homemade bomb. All it needed to do, was create a small spark to be enough to cause a massive explosion, once I find the fuel source in this place. The fuel source should be massive, which means if any type of flammable product would cause this place to blow into nothing but rubble. It had to be done fast, because suspicions are starting erupt and time is running out.

Luckily, I am very experienced with making bombs, so the proper things needed to make a small bomb were available. The first thing that I could use for the bomb, is parts from the controller the guards use to punish us if we don't obey. I had already taken the one from the dead carcass in the recycling machine, and was starting to break into its circuits.

It turned out that the controller only runs off of a circuit of two wires, making my task a lot easier. I could take the wires and make it so they create a small spark when touched together. The wires would be connected to the bottom of the trigger button that will make the wires touch and create the spark. However, I needed something like a hard-cased bottle, which some guards carry around. The bottle is a water bottle, but it has a hard case which would be perfect for my homemade bomb.

I would have to adjust the lid, so that I could push down on it like a button. The lid would stay down when it is pushed, causing the wires inside to connect, create a spark, and cause the end of this place. The spark would have to be very strong, though. Otherwise, it wouldn't be enough to cause an explosion, so I would need about three controllers to make it work. Luckily, two guards come to my cell everyday, meaning I could kill them and take their controllers. It was almost time for the first guard to show up, so I prepared myself for another deadly kill.

Ten minutes later, I could hear a guard approaching my cell, so I stood at my sink and looked at myself in the mirror. The guard rudely knocked on the fiberglass.

“174920, time to exercise. Put your hands behind your back,” he commanded.

I didn't reply and continued to look at myself in the mirror. The guard started to get angry.

“Didn't you hear me? Put your hands behind your back!” he yelled again.

I turned my head toward him and gave him the dirtiest look possible.

“No. I refuse.” I said silently.

“Just who do you think you are?!” he asked.

I formed an evil-looking smile then started to rush toward the door, which was open.

“What are you doing?!”

“Getting out!” I yelled, independently.

The door slammed open, and hit the guard in the face so hard, it broke his nose and made him collapse to the ground. The guard looked stunned, and he quickly went to grab his radio to alert others. I stood above him.

“I don't think so.”

I smashed his radio into bits and pieces then began to punch him in the face as hard as possible. The guard's face looked more and more disfigured.

“I-It was you. Y-You killed the other g-guard.” he said, weakly.

“Finally, you get the memo, so prepare to join him in Hell.” I said with strength.

“You'll never escape,” he said.

“Oh. I think I will. Now. Goodbye forever.”

I landed the last blows to his face, causing his skull outline to appear. Lastly, I took his neck and snapped it, killing him instantly.

I grabbed his remote and the hard-cased water bottle on his belt then dragged his body to the recycling machine, and placed him next to his friend.

“Burn in hell.”

I turned away and cleaned up the mess left behind by the guard's death.

For the next couple of hours, I worked on making the bomb. I had disassembled the wires in the remote, and used some sticky material that was underneath my bed to attach the stick the wires to the lid of the water bottle. The material was some gunky shit that was formed from something in the past, but I couldn't die, so I didn't have to worry about the content being contaminated or toxic. I know it sounds disgusting, but I had to go to the highest measures if I was going to get out of this place.

The material worked just like I had hoped, so the wires stuck to the lid with no problems. I took the other two wires from the remote I retrieved from the first guard I killed, relentlessly, and opened the back part of it, using my fist. I disassembled the wires then set them aside, for now. I grabbed more of the gunky material, so I could attach the wires to the bottom of the bottle. It was harder to do the bottom of the bottle, so it took me about ten minutes to get the wires to stick to the bottom. In the end, I was so close to finishing the bomb.

The bomb looked like a large grenade, but was not even close to being as deadly as a grenade. However, when this bomb goes off, the result of the explosion will be devastating, meaning I would have to get outside as quick as possible, when I set this thing to blow. I hoped the fuel source was near the entrance, because I would like to get out fast without having to run as fast as a rocket to avoid getting caught in the explosion. I needed to find it soon, because my ally was counting on me to get everyone out.

Two hours later, I finished working on the bomb for today, and decided to relax. I put the bomb away where nobody could find it and took a small nap.

In the dream, I could hear the sound of something crawling in the distance. It made mechanical sounds too, which kind of freaked me out, but whatever it was, I could get rid of it. The sounds of the mechanical creature were getting closer, so I prepared myself for the worst. I could see its shadow, as it approached closer and closer. The figure finally came into full sight, and I was sickened by what it was; it was the nanobot that was inserted into my body when I was initiated.

It stared at me and started to say something.

“I'm here. I'm still in you. What will you do? How will you escape with me still inside? Never will you escape. Never. Never. Never!”

I woke up, drenched in sweat. I wondered if that dream was real, or if it was just something I had imagined. Then it hit me; that dream was telling me that that thing was still inside, crawling every place it could reach. That was when I realized that before I escape, I need to get that nasty, little piece of shit out of me. How could I though? The only person that can extract something that was put there by themselves was the doctor.

That meant, that in order to get this thing out, I would need to see him again, but how could I? Then I remembered a movie I had seen, where a guy purposely hurts himself to see a dentist, by having a prisoner punch him in the face. The dentist in the movie was kind of a lunatic, but he managed to get the dentist to make him a fake key to get out of his cell. Maybe I could do something similar, but instead of befriending the doctor, I would be his enemy and force him to give me a solution.

First, I needed to have a reason to see the doctor, so I would have to fake an injury, just before the guard came to my cell tonight, to take me to dinner. What type of injury should I do? It had to be something simple and not to painful, so I figured I should just loosen a tooth in my mouth. This place really was hell, because I had to inflict an injury to myself to survive.

Nighttime was near, so I was ready to loosen a tooth, before the guard arrived. The only way I could loosen a tooth on purpose was by punching myself in the mouth, until one tooth came loose. I readied myself for the worst then took my fist and jabbed myself in the jaw. I nearly knocked myself out cold, but I had to keep trying, because a tooth hadn't loosened. I hit myself harder this time, and knocked myself to the floor. A tooth still hadn't loosened, so I rose off the ground, in severe pain and punched myself as hard as possible.

Luckily, this time a tooth had loosened near the back of my mouth. Blood was leaking onto the floor, and a bit of the blood was on my cell's mirror. My mouth was so sore and swollen, but I was strong and sat on my bed, waiting for the guard to show. The taste of blood in my mouth didn't phase me or even bother me, because I had been through much worse in the past, so this was nothing compared to other times.

The guard arrived about five minutes later, and stood at my door.

“174920, get up!” he yelled.

“You need to take me to the doctor. I think I may have loosened at tooth or even broke my jaw,” I said, faking the whole thing.

The guard noticed my jaw area was swollen and the blood on the floor.

“How did this happen?” he asked.

“I fell off of my bed and landed with hard hit,” I replied.

“Ugh. Come on. I'll take you to the doctor,” he said with ignorance.

I walked to the door with my hands behind my back, while the guard opened the door. He handcuffed my arms then escorted me to the doctor. I kept track of the directions to the doctor's room from my cell, so that I could return to the doctor's room at night, if I needed to. I wasn't the only person who needed their nanobot extracted; everybody trapped here need theirs out too. The doctor had to have some kind of medicine that can make you puke that thing out.

I had arrived, so the guard took the handcuffs off, and before he could do anything else, I turned around and punched the guard in the face. The guard was in pain, due to blood coming out of his nose, so I put an end to him and broke his neck. I dragged his body to a dark corner where nobody would find him, and the blood outside the doctor's door didn't bother me, because I could just say it was my own blood dripping from my mouth.

I escorted my way into the doctor's room myself, and waited for the doctor to show. The room was the same as before; nothing had changed. The doctor showed up, so I held my fists down, until the moment to strike came.

“Back again, I see,” he said.

“A tooth is loose at the back of my mouth,” I replied.

“That's an easy fix. Come and sit on the side of the bed.” he said, unaware that he just fell into my trap.

“Alright,” I replied.

I walked over to the side of the bed that was closest to the doctor, and sat down.

“Open up,” he commanded.

“No, because the last time you said that, my life was ruined for eternity!” I lunged forward and forced the doctor to the ground. I started punch him across the face.

“This is for taking my life away!” I slammed my fist across his face. “This is for putting that nanobot in me!” I landed another nasty blow to the face. “Lastly, this for giving me that serum!” I hit him so hard, one of his teeth went flying out of his mouth. He was still alive, so I picked him up and put my arm beneath his chin, starting to choke him.

“Now, tell me if you have anything that can extract that motherfucking nanobot inside?”

“I-I don't know,” he said through his choking.

“Not cooperating eh'. I guess I'm going to have to get more serious.” I took my knee and slammed it three times into his stomach then I punched him in the face again. He groaned from the pain and gasped for breath. “I won't ask again. Do you have anything to get the nanobot out?”

“O-Okay, okay! There's a medicine in the second drawer down that will cause you to puke the nanobot out!”

“Was that so hard? Now, good bye.”

“No! Wait...

I snapped his neck then released him from my arms. He fell with a hard 'thump', which caused me to form a serious look on my face. I wasted no time on getting the antidote to getting the nanobot out, and opened the drawer, only to be full of small tubes with a blue liquid inside. I shoved as many as I could in my pockets then placed the doctor in a position, where it looks like he committed suicide with a scalpel knife that I saw on the top of the drawers. That was done, now it was time to get the nanobot out.

In my cell, I held the small tube in my hand, preparing to drink it. I went over to the toilet and stood over it, so when I vomit, the nanobot will be ridden of me for good. I took the cap off of the tube, and slowly raised it to my mouth. This is for everyone giving me hope. I guzzled down the blue liquid, which tasted like nothing, and waited for it to do its magic. It didn't take no time at all, because once it hit my stomach, I immediately started to vomit.

I vomited to the point of no return, and as much as I didn't want to keep vomiting, I knew I had to. After about five rounds, I finally saw the nanobot fall into the toilet, which relieved me. It was out! It was finally out! I stopped vomiting and flushed the toilet, watch the nanobot disappear from my life forever.

“And stay out.”

The nanobot was gone at long last, so I wiped my mouth clean of vomit then lied down on the bed, knowing I was going to make it out, and no one was going to stop me. Whoever would get in my way would be terminated on the spot. I grabbed the bomb from under my pillow and continued to work on it, until I started to feel sleepy.

Published 
Written by Sparrow9642
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors