Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Fly Meets Spider

"Never trust people you don't know."

5
10 Comments 10
1.6k Views 1.6k
766 words 766 words
Fly, feeling very lonely, flew around the empty office and landed on the open lap - top. She sat preening her wings , humming a little tune to herself , always keeping a look -out for her relatives , who just might be flying past.
Suddenly! She saw a spider crawling from underneath the QWERTY keyboard.

"Hello," said the spider.

"Hello," replied fly.

"Can we be friends?" said the spider. "I am very lonely."

"I guess so," said fly. "Although, I have been warned not to speak to strangers."

"I just want to talk," said the spider. "I am very lonely."

"You are very pretty," the spider added.

"Why, thank you spider," said the fly, feeling very flattered. "I have never been told I am pretty."

Fly began to trust the spider because he flattered her and made her feel special. She talked to him, long into the night. Far too soon the first light of dawn lit up the office. The spider, who was very clever and quite crafty, felt it was time to leave. He arranged the meet fly again the following evening at six o'clock.

Fly spent a few hours of the next day cleaning her wings until they shone. Her heart beat quickly with excitement. She couldn't wait to meet the spider. She loved his sweet talk and his flattery.

Fly flew around the office many times, then feeling tired she settled upon the office lamp shade to rest.
The office clock struck six. Right on time she flew down and landed upon the laptop. Spider (who had been waiting) crawled out from under the underneath. "You look so beautiful tonight," he said, smiling.

"Oh, thank you," said fly.

"How bright your wings are, " said the spider. "I have missed you so much."

"Thank you," replied fly, "I have missed you as well."

Long into the night they talked. Fly, without realizing, had thrown caution to the wind and trusted the spider. She felt very happy.

"Fly...I love you," said the spider. "I would love to take you in my arms and dance." Throwing caution to the wind, fly agreed to dance with spider.

The spider crawled slowly towards the fly, placing a long arm around her tiny waist he took the fly into his arms. He started to sing softly in her ears, he swayed slowly, and whispered words of love and flattered her.

"Will you marry me?"he asked the fly.

Fly thought for a moment... "I will marry you." 

Spider kissed fly very gently and sighed. Fly sat arm in arm with the spider until the morning light came through the office window. "Tomorrow, we will marry," said spider. "My uncle lives under the laptop. I will bring him with me tomorrow night and he will perform the ceremony." 

Fly flew around and around the office lamp shade, dizzy with excitement. Until she bumped unexpectedly into a relative. Fly told her cousin the story of her meeting with the spider, and told her she would be getting married that very evening.

"Oh, no!" screamed her cousin. "You know perfectly well we should never talk to strangers on the laptop. The spider is fooling you."

"You are just jealous!" Shouted fly, and stormed off.

Fly ignored her cousin for the rest of the day and prepared for her wedding. She thought briefly about her cousin's warning, but then, remembering the spider's flattery, she decided her cousin was ..."just jealous."

The office clock struck six. Fly flew down and landed upon the laptop, just as spider came out from under the QWERTY keyboard with his uncle. "You look beautiful, but you need a wedding gown. Stand still." 

Fly, excited, stood still. The spider came towards her and began to spin the most beautiful gown around her slim body. He made her a wedding gown of the most delicate silk.

"You look so very beautiful," said spider. "I am nearly finished. There, finished at last."

Fly, smiling happily, started to take a step towards spider but she could not move! The spider had bound her legs and arms in the beautiful gown.

"I cannot move!" said the panicked fly.

The spider moved towards the fly very, very slowly. He came towards the fly wearing a nasty grin upon his face, and then greedily ... he ate her.

Watching helplessly from her position upon the lampshade , the fly's cousin had watched helplessly.

"I warned her not to speak to strangers on the laptop," she wailed.

THE END

The moral of this story is.... Never speak TO STRANGERS and NEVER make friends with strangers on your laptop!

Published 
Written by candle_in_the_wind
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments