Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Dream Two

"A man charged with murder?"

2
2 Comments 2
1.4k Views 1.4k
848 words 848 words
Dream Two.

ForeWord

Dream:

A series of pictures or events in the mind of a sleeping person.

Oxford Dictionary.

A dream is a type of mental activity that occurs during sleep. It usually consists of visual images that tell a story, although the sequence of dream events is usually mystifying. They may be
influenced by internal physical factors such as hunger, thirst or indigestion. External factors may affect dreams too, such as an alarm clock can be transformed into a dream telephone call and therefore carry on sleeping.

Dreams are often an illogical combination of events from the past of the dreamer, from his or her daily life, and of his or her imagined future. Though erotic dreams are often inspired by desire, lust or pure covetousness. These too are somewhat disjointed but when on waking, if the person can recall the dream it then runs in a logical sequence, which is the form used in the following dreams.

Dream Eight.

‘I’m arresting you for the murder of Robert Smith,’ said the arresting police officer.

I was astounded. One minute I’m planning to do the deed and the next, I’m getting arrested for doing it! It was strange that this police officer was in a uniform that I’d never seen before. All in white with gold buttons down the front and on the pockets and shiny gold bars on top of his shoulders.

Two other policemen dressed the same came up and surprised me by not handcuffing me before escorting me into a police station and taking me down to a whitewashed cell. I could see that there was only a single bunk and a chair inside as I was ushered in and had the door closed behind me. There was a small barred window that I went onto tip toe to look out, hoping to see blue sky but could only see white fleecy clouds that sedately rolled past.

I sat down on the chair to contemplate my fate and noticed that some wag had done a crude drawing on the wall of a devil, pointed ears and a spiky tail. It held a trident in its hand which was pointing down to what I took to be a drawing of flames which I assumed it denoted hell. This was the only graffiti in the cell so it wasn’t a place that Kilroy had visited.

It could have only been a few minutes of me sitting in there for I hadn’t really had time to gather my thoughts before the cell door opened and I was beckoned out to find the same two policemen waiting there for me. One moved off and the second one pointed for me to follow with him then falling in behind me as we moved along another whitewashed corridor and ushered up some stairs.

They certainly moved fast here, for these stairs led up into a courtroom and I found that I was in the dock. It was like any other courtroom in England, except that all those present in the court, instead of wearing black gowns, were all wearing white ones. Even the judge I noticed was dressed the same. I was expecting to see him in the scarlet ermine robes that I’ve always seen depicted in films. He even had a beard that was so white, I couldn’t see how long or wide it was because it seemed to meld into his gown. He looked at me, though I should I say peered, through his thin glass spectacles that looked in danger of falling off the end of his nose.

I took a quick look round and saw two benches below me where two white gowned men sat who I suspected that one would be the prosecutor and the other my defending counsel. There were a couple of men standing either side of the judge’s bench who I assumed were court ushers, dressed in white too. Then in front of the bench was what I took to be the court recorder and I waited for the jury to enter the court and take their places in their box over to my left. They didn’t appear and it was soon made clear that they wouldn’t.

‘You have been brought before this court,’ the judge began, ‘for the most heinous of crimes and as you can see, we do not have need for a jury. That’s because we do not ask you to plead as to whether you are guilty or not for with you being here is sufficient in your particular case. All I do here is sentence you, and with the agreement of your counsel and the prosecutor, will do so. You will be sent to a rehabilitation center for lost souls, to serve your time there until your case is reviewed in the next millennium. It is your past behaviour that has brought you here, because to us, the taking of any mortal soul is a crime, and suicide, we regard as murder, Mister Smith. Case closed.’

* * * *

Published 
Written by 1941aaa
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments