Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Beyond The Broken Window : Chapter One

5
5 Comments 5
1.1k Views 1.1k
769 words 769 words
I’m sitting in my room doing my homework when I hear the doorbell ring. I get up from my desk to go answer it. Before I can get there my mom already answers it. I can’t quite make what she’s saying, or who she’s talking to. I can tell that the other person is a girl, but I’m not sure if it’s Scarlet. I keep watching as my mom moves away from the door, and invites the person in. I don’t believe it, it’s Nikita the girl from school. Then I see my mom point toward my room, and Nikita starts walking my way. I hurry back to my desk trying to act innocent.

“Well hello stranger”, I hear from behind me. I turn around to see Nikita standing in my doorway wearing a red silk dress, and high heels. I can’t believe how beautiful Nikita is.

I manage to stop staring to ask, “Why are you here?”

“I’m here because I saw you following me today after school. You must have gotten curious about where I come from. As I told you before, I’m from a world beyond the broken window. I know to a normal human such as yourself that may sound strange. Although I assure you that my world does exist”, says Nikita.

“What do you mean a normal human such myself?” I ask.

“Well I guess it would be okay to tell you. As long as you promise never to tell anyone about me,” replies Nikita. 

“I promise,” I say reluctantly. She walks over and puts her hands on the arms of my chair and leans in. I could smell the sweet perfume she has on.

“You better start taking me a little more seriously, or you will never find out who I am. Furthermore I don’t have much faith in the human race”, whispers Nikita. I take a deep breath then sigh a little.

“I’m sorry I’m usually not that reluctant to hear information. It's just if you what you say is true. Your world existing breaks all the rules of reality,” I say slowly. She removes her hands from my chair and stands up straight. She crosses her arms looking at me like I’m the liar.

"If you don’t believe, just say so. You don’t have to insult my intelligence," scuffs Nikita.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to insult you, or your intelligence. Like you said ‘I’m human’ and we don’t believe in things we can’t see,” I say. She looks at me with a hint of satisfaction.

“You ‘don’t believe in things you can’t see’ that’s a wonderful theory. Although it’s not quite true is it?" Nikita asks. 

"What is that supposed to mean?" I ask. 

“I’m talking about your god. You can’t see him but yet you believe in him. For all you know your lord and savior could be a myth,” replies Nikita.

Somehow Nikita rips to shreds my last defense. She knows more about this world then I give her correct for. The only problem is she is right. We can’t see our god, but we still believe in him. I watch her as she casually walks around my room looking at, and touching everything. She is selling this point of being from another world.

"Well let’s say you are from another world. What is this world like? Is it paradise, or is it hell?" I ask. 

“Well it would be paradise if we didn’t have a ruthless queen to deal with. My race of people are called Elvians. Most of us are farmers, but there are those that work for the queen as guardsmen, and soldiers. Anyway since you don't believe in my world, why would you care one way or another?” Nikita asks.

I hated to admit it but she has a point. If I didn’t believe her why do I care? I guess that is something my girlfriend has instilled into me. To care when caring isn’t easy.

“Okay I have an idea. Prove to me that your world exists. Take me there, and show me this world of yours,” I say having the feeling the answer is no.

Nikita stands there with her arms crossed thinking about my proposition, and then says, “Okay,” leaving my room. My mouth drops open. I wasn’t expecting her to say yes. Therefore, I get out of my chair and follow her out of the house.

Published 
Written by redhunter13
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments