Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
The Pirate: Part Two

2
2 Comments 2
1.2k Views 1.2k
990 words 990 words
After a while of being at the tavern, I went to the inn to get a room for a few nights. The innkeeper gave me a room near the back of the inn. I went to my room and looked around. It wasn't big but it was big enough. I went and sat on the bed. It was softer then the one I slept on when I was out to sea, so I couldn't complain.

I laid back on the bed and let out a sigh. I had realized that I needed one thing in order to crash the party. I needed a dress. I had to go out to the store and spend money. I hated spending money! I also hated the idea of wearing a dress!! Me in a dress?!? I thought to myself, This is crazy!! Why do I even want to go through all this for a party?!?

Why? Because deep down I had a secret. One that I had never told anyone! I wanted revenge on the royal family. They had killed my family. I wanted them to pay for it. And I would do anything to see to that.

 There was a knock at my door that had startled me out of my thoughts. I sat up. There was another knock. Who could be here at this time of night? I thought as I got up and went to the door. I looked out the peephole and saw Julie standing there. I sighed as I opened the door.

"Myra! You are never going to guess what!! I went home to find an envelope in my mailbox!! It was an invitation to the party!! I went to Tilly and she got one too!! Can you believe it?!? I can't!!! I am going to go to a royal party!!" she said all excited. "It's a shame you can't go with us..." she added

 I sighed and yawned, "You really came here just to tell me that?" I asked. "It's late and I would like to rest." I told her. I tried to sound as nice as I could but I sounded a little irritated.

Julie looked at the ground, "I'm sorry Myra... I was just so excited... I couldn't wait to tell you." She said as she turned to leave.

I sighed, "Julie, don't take it too harshly. I'm only cranky because I am tired... I am happy that you and Tilly get to go tomorrow. I will find something to keep myself busy while you two are there." I told her. I couldn't tell her about my plans. She would only cause me problems there. I knew now that I would have an extra task there. I had to hide from my friends. I just hoped I could do it. I had to. If I was found at the party I would be thrown into the dungeon. Pirates were not tolerated in this kingdom.

Julie left and shut the door and laid back down. I had a lot to do tomorrow. And I had to do it without letting my friends find out. This was going to be harder then I had originally thought. But I still wanted to go. And when I put my mind to something I do it. I was going whether my friends found out or not.

I sighed as I got up. I walked over to the bathroom. I turned on the water for the shower to let it get good and hot. I closed the door and got undressed. I sat there for a moment in the steam. I thought about if I really could pull it off. If I really could fool my friends. I thought about my past and how I came to know Julie and Tilly. I remembered it well.

I was about five. The orphanage had found a foster mother for me to stay with until I was adopted. I walked through the doors of the house. Julie was sitting on the living room floor playing a bored game with Tilly. I watched them for a while. Then Julie turned and looked at me then yelled, "Mother!! There is a girl here!!" 

It surprised me at first at how loud she was. Her and Tilly got up and came over to me. "You're not very pretty. but I am sure with new cloths and if your hair was brushed you would look just as pretty as me!!" Julie said. 

Julie's mom came in. "Julie, This Is Myra. She will be staying with us for a little bit. Make sure you mind your manners with her." She told her. 

Julie looked at Tilly, "What do you think Tilly?"

Tilly sat there looking at me for a while not saying a word. She then got up. "I am going to head home." And with that Tilly left.

I came out of the bathroom in my pajamas after the shower and laid down on my bed. I soon fell asleep.

"One day I will get out of this town Julie. I am gonna see the world. I wont have anyone telling me what to do or how to act or dress. And if anyone says anything bad about me I will deal with them in my own way." I told Julie one day walking home.

"It sounds like you want to be a pirate!! And are things really that bad for you?"

I nodded, "Yah... Tilly had to come bail me out of another fight today because someone was trying to mess with me." I told her.

Julie only sighed and shook her head.

I sat up awake. There was a loud bang on my door. "What the hell?!?" I asked as I got up and went to the door. "MYRA OPEN THE DAMN DOOR." Not only was the voice familiar but also the rage. It was Tilly and she wasn't in a good mood for some reason.

Published 
Written by medievalvampprincess
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments