Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Hold Me?

"Another from a different account.."

4
3 Comments 3
1.2k Views 1.2k
196 words 196 words
Raven stands at the end of the bed, looking at him as he sleeps, wondering what he's dreaming about. Was it the same as her? Was it the wish to talk for hours on end at night like they did at first? Wishing for more time together? Wishing to just be  held , be loved?

"John?" she whispers, standing next to him. 

He mumbles nonsense for a second, then looks up at her face- something was wrong, he could see it in her eyes.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" He says softly.

"I- can you..." she bites her lip, looking adorably unsure, "hold me?"


***

She wakes up in an empty bed. Well, empty but for the pillow she's killing, the blanket he sent her and her stuffed animal she'd be sending him.

Tears stream down her cheeks as she realizes it was all a dream. Just a tease that her subconscious made up to hurt her. Oh and boy did it hurt.

She sits there what feels like forever, wanting to text him... call him, but instead just clutches the pillow and blanket to herself.

He needed his sleep.

"Wish you could just hold me... I love you John..."
Published 
Written by Colors_of_the_Wind
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments