Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Just Like Heaven

"Inspired by The Cure"

8
5 Comments 5
1.4k Views 1.4k
262 words 262 words
"Do it again!" she squeeled.

That peal of laughter always tickled me down to my toes. It was an absolute spring of joy. The remembrance alone brings a smile to my lips. I had a way of touching her with just the right pressure, in just the right spot which delighted her. It wasn't a lovers touch, but some cross between a tickle and a caress, and a visible jolt of pleasure would work its way through her body. She always asked me to show her that trick, and no matter how many times I did, she couldn't duplicate it herself, nor find anyone else who could touch her that way.

I asked often to be mine, but received a hug and a kiss as a reply. She just smiled in her quirky way, light behind her eyes trying to tell me something, but never quite making it. She appreciated my adoration, but teased me saying if I could teach her that trick, we could run off and be together forever. We would watch the sea from the high cliffs and I would be dizzy. My angel, but not my angel.

The weeks and months passed, and I never did find what she was searching for. I just felt the distance between us. Even as I professed my love, the gulf grew wider. Eventually she was gone. There are days when I would wake, sad, longing, feeling that missing part of my life, her name a whisper upon my lips and harken to as close to heaven as I had ever gotten.

Published 
Written by Nox
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments