Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
The Dream Maker from Oz

"sit and tell me your dream"

6
7 Comments 7
1.4k Views 1.4k
250 words 250 words

This tale begins with warm western breezes pushing thru the land called Oz.

The land of Oz was well known for the mystical people who call it home.

People would come from afar to take consult from a ancient wise man. 

This man a true ancient in Oz, with dark twinkling eyes, and a beard the colour of deep north snow. Each day he would sit in the warm sun in front of the local tavern.

He was known as the Dream Maker of Oz.

Sipping his afternoon tea, he saw a beautiful middle child now grown to womanhood. With smiles and a warm wave they noticed each other, as she went about her chores. On the next day at the same time, the Dream Maker saw her in the square again. Smiling, he motioned this beauty to come and sit, so that they might enjoy a cup of tea together.

Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months as they shared tea in the afternoon sun. On the day of the full harvest moon he smiled and asked a question in a hushed tone.

"Tell me of your dream, my friend."

The middle child, now a woman, looked at the ancient man with the flowing beard of deep snow for a moment and thought of her dream. The dream she kept close to her heart.

Overhead, a lone Raven circled and landed on the tavern chimney.

This is but the beginning of this tale from the land of Oz.

Published 
Written by fuzzy1954
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments