Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
The girl in red

"one of the weird dreams I have"

11
9 Comments 9
1.4k Views 1.4k
255 words 255 words
They ran into the courtyard. The trial had just begun; the king had started the prosecution of the murderer. Two girls, one dressed in red with gold embroidery, the other in jade green with silver embroidery, wanted a good clear view of the trial, but being so small, they could not see over the crowd.

One turned and saw a window with ivy cascading down from the ledge. Iron bars covered the glass for show. The girls quickly climbed up the ivy. The one in jade grabbed hold of the bars and sat on the ledge. The one in red latched onto the ivy and had one foot on the ledge. They didn't notice how loose the bars were, as they focused more on the trial.

The bars began to bend and wiggled out of place. The bars came loose and knocked off the foot of the girl in red. The ivy slipped from her hand and she fell to the ground. The girl in jade cried for her and shouted for help. A hand shoved her off the ledge and she fell into the arms of a stranger who caught her. He placed her on the ground and inspected the bars.

The girl saw no one at the window and ran to help the other girl. She fought through the crowd and scrambled to hold her hand.

It was ice cold as she stared into her own flat and distant eyes. The girl, stunned, walked away from the crowd as she fizzled into nothing.
Published 
Written by Anonymous
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments