Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
The Strange Tale of Two Men

9
8 Comments 8
1.4k Views 1.4k
278 words 278 words
A conversation occurred between two men, who met by chance, long ago:

“Ah love, if only...” One said, dreamily.

“Well, yes, but you would go fancying folk from those newfangled ‘interwebz’, it’s only natural you’d have pangs!” Two quipped.

“Pangs? Sir, they are not mere pangs, for this woman, I truly love! She’s such a rare beauty and highly intelligent, too. Sir, you must understand.”

“Ah, young squire, you are so naive.”

“Naive? Why, I should smite thee!” The young man said, his temper broiling.

“En garde, then, young sir!”

“I am drawing my sword...” The young man drew his sword and took a swipe. The old man did nothing but move very slightly.

“A thrust and a parry, ha, you missed!” The old man laughed in the young man’s face.

The young man blocked the attack and hit straight and true, enough to injure the old man, but not enough to kill: “Ha, not this time, lay down your sword, you have been smote!”

“Next time, for sure, young blood, I shall best thee yet!” The old man hung his head.

“No, sir, you shall never get me, for I have love on my side. Love shall conquer all!”

The young man forged ahead, a song issued from betwixt his lips, a smile in his heart and upon his shining face. The old man laughed at the young man’s strange demeanour and propensity to love above all.

“Ah, love, if only...” The old man sighed, dreaming of his true love “... one day, I shall see you again, wait for me on the other side, please, I shall find thee again,” he resolved.
Published 
Written by Circle_Something
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments