Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Bullying a Bully (2)

1
0 Comments 0
1.4k Views 1.4k
734 words 734 words
 School dragged along at a snails pace all day. My first period, and English two class, felt like it would never end. It was hard enough trying to stay awake with the few hours of sleep I got every night. And the teacher's droning voice did little to ease my suffering. Second period was a bit easier, though my lack of friends within the class did little to help me defy complete boredom. I could care less about solving for x, y or z or whatever other letter or combination thereof. I doubted I'd ever really need it anyways.
Lunch was my favorite time of any day. Why? Because that was when I really got to do what I loved: scare the heck out of the freshman and make them feel ten times worse than I did. I would taunt them, call them names, threaten them, and even force them to give me things or do things for me. I was top and everyone feared me. Well, everyone except for him. His name was Taylor Regis Ethers. He was a freshman and top in his class. Despite being slim and no where near fit for any sport, all the freshmen girls and even some of the sophomore girls thought he was just the best. They swooned over the mere mention of his name. All I knew was he was the only person on which my techniques had no effect.

"Back for another shot at failure?" Taylor asked as I drew nearer without ever looking up from the book he was reading.

"Shut up, Einstein. I'm not here for you," I growled. "Move it. That's my spot."

"I didn't see your name written anywhere when I arrived," Taylor said.

"That's because it was washed away in the last storm. Don't believe me, ask security."

"Must I?" he asked sarcastically.

"Move it. Now," I growled, only inches from his spectacled face.

"Please remove your face from mine," he said without flinching. "I would much rather prefer a delicate beauty such as a rose to your brutish face."

"Cocky bastard," I muttered under my breath as I backed away. Taylor ignored me and continued reading. "What he hell are you reading anyways?"

"How to ignore bullies 101. This one features the special section for the bullies who just won't leave one alone." 

"You think you're funny, don't you?" I snapped, ready to fight.

"No but I can clearly see you're annoyed," Taylor said. "I also know the only reason you pick on freshmen is to feel better about yourself. Am I correct?"

"Why you! I dare you to say that again!"

"And, if I'm correct, your mom works two jobs but still can't seem to keep up with the bills."

"Shut up!"

"Oh, are you infuriated yet? No? Well then. Allow me to continue. You want to know why I know this stuff? Because my dad runs the company your mom seems so keen on entering. It's too bad she did a poor job raising a bastard child like you or I might have recommended her to my father. But If she can't be trusted to raise you right, how can she be trusted to manage anything?"

"I said shut up!"

"If I'm not mistaken, she's a single parent. Why is that? Is it because your father couldn't trust her? I wouldn't be surprised. A situation like yours just shows how flawed our modern justice system is. I wish you luck following in the footsteps of that failure."

"I said shut up!" I don't know why I did it, but I did. My fist connected beautifully with his jaw. It felt good to let out my rage. I just wish he hadn't been the target.

"Don't you dare say another negative word about my mother again," I growled in his ear. "Because if you do, I swear I will make you regret ever being born." I spat in his face. I don't know why. His only reply was a pained groan that did little to appease my anger. Maybe it was out of disgust or out of anger. Well, whatever last remaining embers still burned. All I know is I wish it had been someone else.

I don't know what happened after lunch. I left, walked off campus, and didn't look back. I didn't care that I was truant. I just wanted out. And I wanted it now.

Published 
Written by TRacr14
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors