Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Keeping Her Safe- Catching Tara singing

2
2 Comments 2
1.2k Views 1.2k
1.3k words 1.3k words
“Nicole, is this yours?” Tara asked the next morning when she walked in holding a letter. “It has your name on it. Who is it from?” she asked as I took it.

Dear Nicole,

It’s hard to explain how you got these letters since I don’t have your address but the time will come when you will find out how they came to you. I know what you have been through. No one your age or any age should have to go through such a hardship and have to deal with the nightmares alone.

You have friends and family here for you, don't push them away. The only way to get help is by taking it with open arms. They love you just as much as you love them. Talk to them, don't keep your feelings in, it only makes it worse.

I will be checking in on you soon and hope to see some change in you taking their help. Until the next letter, I hope you have a great day and that nothing happens that the EMTs have to come back.

Until then,

Your guardian angel


“Who is it from? How do they know about this?” Tara asked as she read the letter over my shoulder. As Kennedy walked into the room, Tara turned to her and asked, “Did you sleep here last night?”

“No, I came over to work on the door when Ms. Jane went out this morning to run to the store,” she explained. “What is that?”

“We don’t know. Someone knows what happened and sent this letter,” I explained. “Where did you find this?” I asked Tara as I turned to her.

“It was on the bed side table. It wasn't there last night when we put you on the bed,” she explained. “By the way, how are you feeling?”

“Ok, feel good really, had the first good night sleep in a while,” I said, setting the letter down. “I had a dream but no one died. You had these posters with sayings that applied to my life. My favorite one was one that had Misha on it, said something like if I ever needed him to call, like Dean did when he needed Cass,” I explained.

“Yeah you would like that one,” Tara picked on me. “Come on, we need to unpack and get ready for school Monday,” she said as she left the room and started to unpack her bags in the room we shared last night.

I sat down at the table and grabbed a green apple from the middle of the table and took a bite out of it. Without thinking about it, I started to scratch my arm where I had cut myself yesterday. “Nicole, stop,” Kennedy said grabbing my hand to stop me. “Just don’t think about them ok, you have school to think about right now. Speaking of school, I can give you two rides Monday since I’m going by the college anyway for work.”

“Where do you work?” I asked as she let my hand go.

“I own my own photography business,” she said.

“How old are you?” I asked, surprised because she looked to be only about 25, she couldn’t have her own business.

“I’m 24; I know what you are thinking. With some help from a rich uncle who cares about me a lot, he helped me get a studio and now I run my own business down the street from the college,” she explained. “If you guys ever get done early you are welcome to come by and spend the day with me and leave with me,” she offered.

“We might take you up on that,” I said smiling. I finished off the apple and grabbed my camera as I headed to the bedroom but stopped when I heard Tara singing. I poked the camera into the room and taped her as she sang Somewhere Only We Know as she put posters up and unpacked her bags.

I walked across an empty land

I knew the pathway like the back of my hand

I felt the earth beneath my feet

Sat by the river and it made me complete

Oh simple thing where have you gone

I'm getting old and I need something to rely on

So tell me when you're gonna let me in

I'm getting tired and I need somewhere to begin


She stopped singing as she sneezed and then continued while she finished unpacking. I let her finish the song before I came in, still taping.

“Nice singing, I’m sending it to Richard Armitage,” I joked as she turned around to face me.

“Give me that camera or I’ll kill you!” she yelled as she came at me. I ran out of the room still taping as I jumped over Kennedy who was cleaning something off the floor and ran out the door. Tara was still running after me as I ran down the street and ran into a store.

I was hiding in the back of the store near the drinks when Tara came in. I lifted the camera up to see Tara and she saw the camera as she looked around for me. I turned around but ran into a girl with green eyes and long brown hair.

“I’m so sorry,” I said turning the camera off as Tara ran around the corner. She ran into me and made me push the girl down as all three of us fell to the floor.

Tara got up as she continued to reach for the camera but I acted like I would bite her so she stopped and helped the girl up. “Sorry about that, my friend here has some info on me that I was trying to get from her,” she explained.

“It’s ok, but we better get out now, the owner is heading in our direction,” she said pointing to a mirror that showed the owner of the store heading towards us from the front, with a mad look on their face. We ran out of the store and back to our building.

“What is your name?” I asked as we stopped to catch our breath.

“I’m Kait,” she said as she fixed her hair that was in a hat that went with her combat outfit. “Sorry, my brother is in town and he’s taking me hunting this afternoon,” she said explaining the outfit.

“That is cool,” I said as I started to scratch my arm before Tara slapped my hand. “Hey ass-butt, that hurt!” I snapped.

“You watch Supernatural?” Kait asked, happy.

“You have no idea, she talks nonstop about Cass and I have to put up with it,” Tara said.

“Hey, I put up with your talk about Richard Armitage,” I snapped. “Like Tara here said, I’m crazy about Cass. Who do you like?” I asked turning back to her.

“Jared Padalecki, even though Jensen Ackles is better looking,” she smiled. “Sorry, but I have to go, my brother is over protective and will worry about me if I’m not at his hotel in time,” she said waving bye as she left.

Once she was gone Tara reached for the camera again but I pulled it away and ran up to the apartment building to find Miles sitting on the couch. “Miles!” Tara yelled as she ran over to him and sat beside him.

“Hey my girl, what’s up?”

“Nicole has a tape of me doing something and she won’t give it back,” she complained as I ran into our room laughing my ass off and locking the door.

Published 
Written by Ladybug
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments