Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Cooking

6
6 Comments 6
1.1k Views 1.1k
446 words 446 words
She knew not to let him see her cry. Many times before he had gotten upset and told her not to cry. She knew it would disappoint him and that was the last thing in the world she wanted to do. She kept her head down and continued to do her work. Thinking she had gotten away with him not seeing her wipe the tears that tried to go down her face.

She was so into hiding her feelings, she did not see or feel him when he came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her. Gently he pulled her into his arms. She knew she had been caught.

"Look at me, my babe," he told her. As he lifted her head with his hands on each side of her face.

With her eyes closed and a smile on her face she let him lift her face to his lips.

As she opened her eyes she saw the smiling brown eyes she had seen so many times before. Taking her time, she knew he would be so patient with her, she knew he would wait as long as she felt she had to have to find just the right words to explain the tears.

It was nerves and the job, she tried to explain, but he stopped her with kisses and gently told her to relax. Looking into her eyes. He could see to her soul, he could see all her fears, strengths and feelings she had. He could see the love and relaxed himself. He knew her. He knew she loved him. He knew their love.

He took a deep breath and said, "You love me, you have never had a feeling like this before and never will again. You also burned dinner again, didn't you love"?

Slowly looking up into his eyes she shook her head yes.

Oh well a small price to pay for holding her in his arms. He shook his head and pretended to think. Then he took her into his arms and carried her to the chair.

The chair where they had sat time after time... she in his arms and him reading, or taking a nap, then sometimes watching the game. Mostly just holding her and watching her. Watching the best thing that had ever happened to him. He again thanked his luck and the stars above for her.

For twenty five years they had been together. The same feelings came to each of them as they lay in each other's arms. Dinner would be late again. Yes, much later. It had always been that way. It always would be.

They were so lucky. So very lucky.

Published 
Written by maryruth
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments