Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
He Bites

5
6 Comments 6
1.1k Views 1.1k
237 words 237 words
Today I discovered that I'd rather get bitten by a parrot then to stand up to a friend.

Nancy, Jack, and I were sitting on the front float of the boathouse talking. I stepped inside, to get sweet tea and glasses, and noticed that Jack's large blue macaw was standing on the stairs instead of on his perch.

"Cheeko. What are you doing here?" The parrot gave me his cute look. I was guessing that he wanted to be put up on his rope swing, because he was standing under it. He's like a smart toddler, that knows he's been caught doing something he's not supposed to, so he's acting cheesy.

"I'd put you up there if I wasn't afraid of you." I said. This was an unfortunate thing to say, it probably made Jack feel like he had a bad bird.

"Pick him up an put him on the swing." Jack said. I groaned inside because Cheeko bites. I knew I was going to get bitten, but I never say "No" so I offered my arm.

"Hop-up." I gave the command for Cheeko to climb on my arm. It is his instinct to check a limb for stability by biting it. He just touches Jack's arm when he does this, but he pinched powerfully into my arm. I grimaced and squeaked a little, but gently moved him to the rope swing.

Why can't I say "No."

Published 
Written by fallingdove
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments