Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
CK's Musings

"Expressions of gratitude to my friends on Stories Space"

2
2 Comments 2
1.3k Views 1.3k
345 words 345 words

A soft stillness flourishes this morning. With a crisp feel of fall in the air, a slight breeze touches my cheeks making them burn just a bit.

The dawning heavens void of any clouds, only a pair of ravens soaring high grace the empty sky. Climbing, swooping, diving, showing a glint of the new brightness on their shiny ebony feathers as they catch the first rays of sun light, that will soon warm the day.

Watching with intent, I wonder if they are just warming their cores, or are they searching for their morning meal, maybe they are friends and they are just enjoying these waking moments together.

To be able to soar with them, would set my being on fire, the freedom imagined sets my mind at work with thoughts of doing the same with my friends. Greeting the new day with vigour and vitality.

These thoughts warm my heart, but send a shiver down my spine at the same time. Why are they circling right above me? Am I what they are searching for, for their breakfast meal?

Taking my eyes away from them, looking at the dew covered grass, I see a glint of green coming through the opalescent droplets. No it can't be me they are looking at. I am again this day, on the right side of the grass.

Yes I am alive and ready to welcome the wondrous things that the universe has in-store for me. Hopefully another beautiful fall season, full of color and wonder.

Thank you all for accepting this silly old fool for who I am, for allowing me to share with you what I see and feel.

For challenging me with your work, to be a better writer, for letting me soar the heaven with you through your stories and poems, enjoying the freedom of creativity with you all, my friends.

Life is a glorious thing to live with you, brushing wings with you as we make our way through it together.

I wish for each of you, peace, love, happiness, and continued good life.

Published 
Written by CKAcres
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments