Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Dream World

1
1 Comment 1
1.1k Views 1.1k
687 words 687 words
All of this time when I look back there were too many voices and too many lies that were heard and told, and I was chasing a lifetime that would eventually steal my soul as I was losing all control. We all have fears and demons to deal with and the only thing that is really needed right now is honesty. And every moment is a breath and a chance to live again, with the truth driving out the fears in most cases. And looking back on all the damage I have done that was left from those days when nothing seemed to matter and time seemed to run.

In my dreams I can see things differently and in the daylight they lie forgotten, so fare thee well to all of the make believe that has been seen at night. But then again the main thing has always been to try to stay in control, as I lost myself with no questions asked, and tried to be understood. Confusion during those times reigned supreme and caused one not to be able to trust themselves, at times things seemed to be sweet and I knew I was being caught between a lie and about a dime of truth to keep me off balance. And still I went to where the lies lead out near those water falls of pity.

There were times that weighed heavy on my soul and only a few knew to see what the real person was and allowed to slip past the defenses. Having me wonder what this thing they call a self is, and just might be another weakness that’s protected and hidden deep in the heart. While living in a world that’s; gotten colder, and meaner, as well as discontented, and hot and cold. Destinations seem to be far out of reach, as well as seem foreign to my eyes at times. And still I understand that every life will end, and though my sins have been so practiced I wonder if I will ever win and continue to bluff with those cards I have been dealt from the bottom of the deck, as the Devil grins from ear to ear and points at my flamin’ head and has me wonder if I am a fool?

Still I can recall standing out on an open, and broken field. Hearing the flapping of white crippled wings beating against the grey skies above, as I saw the harbingers of war standing there with their true natures revealed. And though it seems as though my senses are torn and needing a new page to be revealed, to be able to see something new. And be able to have reasons for it all, to be able to try and overcome the impossible and possibly create a new direction for destiny as I head still down this road and overcome the white out of emotion(s), caused by those who never wear their real faces and live in the lies out on the horizon.

Having me wonder if the name of your savior is breathed in hours of need before blame is tasted? Not allowing one to lie still with all seeming as if all is coming in for the kill, here in what can be likened to a carnival of rust, as the game seems to be avoiding failure, as true colours bleed through. Hoping never to fall or feed the rain under to what some are skies full of lust. Trying to not walk away from those who call me out for reasons known only to themselves as the world seems like it is burning and the hammer is about to fall. Making me see which side to choose with no way to explain, with these being the times when reality can seem to be so daunting. In the light of reason if one loses all the bindings that hold them, and then wonder why they seem to be out of place. So I guess that’s why it’s raining stones here in my temple of thought.

Copyright: Timberwolf International LTD. May 2016 – 28

Published 
Written by Shotgun011
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments