Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Hades

"When our gentle giant was fighting ..."

9
9 Comments 9
1.2k Views 1.2k
456 words 456 words

Hades, my heart is breaking, looking at you like that.

I'm afraid. 

It's like deja vu.

I've seen this happening when Margaux left us.

Hades, don't worry too much, he was not mad at you for not coming inside as he commands. He shut the door because you still wanted to play in that blazing heat which is bad for you. He just left for work but he'll be back soon. He didn't talk to you before he left because he was in a hurry. You know he hates to be late and the traffic is terrible.

Please, be well.

Four days and three nights that I can't sleep at night. Watching your hard labored breathing and your escalating heartbeat. Worrying as you tried eating slowly and gulping down some cold water. I know the weather sucks here and not helping at all. I can only give you the hugs you asked and the rub you needed from me.

Hold on, Hades.

Please, fight our gentle giant.

I'm glad that even if you felt dizzy, you've tried harder to stand and answered my call. Drowsiness after taking your meds but you woke up stronger.

The night I had to rush you to the hospital, it was raining hard. I was lost, afraid and alone.

I kept my brave mask on, for you.

Seven days in the hospital. Visiting you every day and you're showing progress as your doctor said.

When I've talked to you while massaging your head. I told you about Patricia who is lonely and misses you. I told you about her jumping on me every time I have visited you, and you'd just breathe deep as if you would like to tell me "That ragrats!" I told you how I love you and you would place your head on my palm as if asking me to scratch your head and I obliged.

We only need a blood donor!

Dammit!

A blood donor came, we got lucky!

I visited you yesterday, you looked so well rested and breathing peacefully without the oxygen. You made me so happy, knowing you're fighting.

It's been fourteen days since you've been downhearted and fighting to survive. You just gave me false hopes that you'll be coming home by the end of this week.

I thought you'd stay with me.

It's your birthday today, Hades.

It's supposed to be the day your life will be given an extension. The blood transfusion was going on when you left us.

It's breaking my heart knowing you'll be coming home alright, but in this black bag.

Goodbye my gentle giant.

I will miss you so very much.

No more giant dog to sleep by my bed to guard me.

No more... Hades.

 

 

Published 
Written by rune
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments