Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Knowing?

"How well do we ever know someone?"

3
3 Comments 3
1.4k Views 1.4k
343 words 343 words
So, I don't know why, but I got to thinking today...(I know scary huh?)

How well do we ever really know anyone? I know its not a new question by any means, and no doubt there have been many papers, books, letters, stories and so on written about this very issue. But let us agree that it is really the first time that I have seriously thought about it.

How well do we ever know someone?

I look at my husband and I really wonder what goes on inside his head? Does he even suspect what goes on inside of mine? Oh he knows most of my kinks, but would he be surprised and disgusted if he delved into the deepest, darkest recesses of my mind... of my soul? Would he run from me in fear? Would he judge me? Would I do the same to him, keeping in mind that we've been together for well over ten years! Would that time together really make a lick of difference? I'd like to think it would, but you just never 'know' right?

We are creatures trapped within our own minds, internally agonising over what is our lives. We interact and we live with other people, we have families, raise children and yet, are we ever TRULY honest with any one of them? Becase I can honestly say, I know I'm not! Not truly. There are things I keep to myself to keep the peace, there are things I keep to myself purely because they would scare the kids, there are things I keep to myself, because hell... they scare me!!

Personally I think, humanity as a whole is still very much the primal beast, take away all the luxury, all the toys, all the modern devices that make life - life for us now, and what would we do? Well I tend to think, that you take it all away, and the knowledge along with it, and we'd all revert to the primal nature that is humanity!!

But then maybe that's just me...

Published 
Written by LittleSister_
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments