Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
No Birthday Here

"This is not for you"

6
4 Comments 4
875 Views 875
358 words 358 words
Let’s pretend it’s not your birthday and I wrote this anyway, just because. You said you want nothing done and we both know that will leave nothing undone. You are also stealing my fun on this one. I promised to do nothing for your not so special day, but I hope this little note will be okay. I have so much to say, but of course, the words won’t come my way….

Let’s just say, if I were allowed to sing Happy Birthday, I’d sing it all day, and night. That’d scare away the fright and impending doom, but instead, I will clean my room, as soon as I find the broom. I really want to make a five-tiered birthday cake. It would be the ugliest cake you’d ever seen, frosted in glittery green and blue, but I can’t even make an ugly cake for you. Boohoo! It would be yummy too.

Oh well, I must grant your wishes and hum quietly happy birthday while I wash the dishes. Speaking of wishes, I wonder if you have another or two. Maybe I could help make just one come true, but only if you wanted me to do that. No ribbons or balloons, no magician with a hat. I am sorry for the glitter I got all over the cat. When did we get a cat?

Okay, since it is not your birthday, I do have something to say. I love you completely and effortlessly every single day. I know you are strong and are not afraid to tell me I am wrong. Often. There are so many things we don’t know about each other, so many little things we have yet to discover and even though it feels we’ve been at it for a long time, we still have a long way to go. At least, I hope so. And perhaps one day, when the time is right, I will kiss your lips and hold you tight. And who knows, maybe in a year or a few, I will whisper in your ear, “Happy Birthday. I love you.” 

Published 
Written by adi_me
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments