Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
One Last Shot

1
0 Comments 0
910 Views 910
835 words 835 words
Got a message the other day, and got me thinking that seems it’s all I got to try to take me back and possibly make me do something I wouldn’t do. And some things just don’t seem to add up to what my thoughts came up with concerning the message I received. Feeling that this might be the best of the time I have left and I know that old habits die hard, especially when reinforced by the old training I did in Georgia. As I sit here and think of all the paths that had been taken and then failed as I made my way down the line, and wondering how many tomorrows were given away in what sometimes felt like a fool’s errand, and compared them to the yesterdays that were used, and questioned what were the reward(s).

Over those green hills and knowing the road and tracks are deep in my blood, and I believe it’s part of me and a part of you. And at times we have had a broken mirror view of the way things have passed, as I breathe in the view, and recall standing there with starlight in my eyes as if I were in some sort of dream. Noting that the skies seemed full of miracles and simulated sunsets and knowing they were nothing but lies. And I have passed through all sorts of places and no-one has ever known from whence I came, and they have wondered if I might know of the shape of things to come? And they have never asked where I have come from or I am going to, being at times like some sort of a wanderin’ ghost as I head on down the line with sorrow being felt at times.

Looking around with my tired, bloodshot eyes, and once in a while I can feel the earth move beneath my feet, with some moments being long overdue that were dreamt of at times. And I will stand tall even if everything begins to crumble and piece all those things I have been out here searching for. Having felt too at times like worlds have collided yet I remain. It seems gravity and history tend to hold things down, and then again; gravity and destiny are the things that break most things apart. Hoping that I have been double crossed by those self-proclaimed saints for the final time, which should make me free, but then again; Liberty softly laughs and does a pirouette when I have thoughts of being free.

Finding myself heading to the borderline which separates me from someone to die or to cry for, making me think that I really don’t need this life, and if and when I am standing in the flames I can look the Devil in the eye and tell him point blank that there is no Hell deeper than my foolish pride. And still I will hold onto hope and my faith. For if hope wasn’t to spring eternal then how would or could the damned in Hell ever have dreams of one day reaching Heaven? So if I pull you from the shadows, you will never be forgotten for in some way I will be there by your side. So if that’s the case keep your eyes on me, even if there have been times when we felt like victims of the night and have felt the full weight of the shadows when they fell. And I ask you don’t look back though I know it’s a hard thing to do as some always look back. For I know without a doubt what hurt we have suffered along with the pain we rise above they will never know or have any idea of those depths.

I won’t cut and run or go underground just because someone has said that Morpheus’ sister Death is coming and making the rounds. And there are times I wonder if I am smart, but then again I can usually feel when I am being conned or having the wool pulled over my eyes. Just ask that Blind Organizer, and his ally dressed in the black robes of a jealous monk, when Carnivale took place back in ’09. There are lots who have seemed to have lost the meaning of life, and probably have cast it to the wind, and are now thinking that the end is nearby. Instead of trying to live it seems they are all learnin’ how to die, with some of them saying that they sell sanctuary, for the last or end of days.

But then again I have taken all of the pain, and I know you have too, and tried to do it all knowing we are short lived. Yet with each cut or broken bone we can say as we decide with hand on our hearts to take a stand, I swear I lived!

Copyright: Timberwolf International LTD. March 2016 – 20

Published 
Written by Shotgun011
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors