Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Tiny Little Letters

4
3 Comments 3
1.3k Views 1.3k
324 words 324 words
I remember the days when colouring inside the lines was the hardest part of school life, then when it was spelling the simplest word right and everything lies in these tiny little letters.

When everything was so simple but seemed so complex. you could be anything you wanted and you could do anything in the world...

Now its so different, and everything lies in the same tiny little letters you spent ages trying to shape perfectly on the page. Except now those letters signify everything you are right now, how well you're doing and if you don't get the right letter then you can't be who you want to be.

And then everything in your entire life seems to lie in this envelope that holds those tiny letters that define who you are and what you will be. And as you wait to get that envelope your heart races and your mind goes through every possibility of what might lie in that all powerful envelope.

Your mind goes through everything from a U to an A* and despite yourself you hope in your heart that you've got a high grade and that you can be what you want to be and go where you want to go in life. And your stomach does backflips as you go up and say your last name.

You get handed your envelope and your hands quiver at the opening. You open the top of it and withdraw the sheet of paper. Your heart races as you unfold the paper and look at those tiny little letters.

Those tiny letters have bought disappointment or happiness. You calm after a while and after a few days you forget about those tiny letters and the news that they bring.

But ever so inevitably they will come back to haunt your mind and taint your sleep when you await for the next time you'll receive that envelope holding those controlling little letters...

Published 
Written by CookieMonster16
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments