Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Where Did I Come From

"The reason I am an agnostic."

6
7 Comments 7
1.3k Views 1.3k
410 words 410 words


Thinking of teachings that were presented to me in my youth, I have often wondered if Adam and Eve really did exist and if they did eat from the tree of knowledge? Were they father and mother of all mankind?

Knowledge, it is said, is power, why would anyone not want to gain knowledge?

Really has anything changed in our society? Adam and Eve were forbidden to partake of the fruit from the tree of knowledge, thus they were expected to believe everything that they were told, never to have a mind of their own. They were expected to remain suppressed and were punished because of their curiosity and their own thirst for knowledge.

Mankind, in my mind, has not really changed from the beginning of time.

There are those who want to control and those who want to be controlled.

Many think that their way is the only way and that no other may have a better way.

Therefore, mankind should not have a brain and should never think for themselves; believing the teachings of the teacher, never questioning whether the teachings have validity, or if they are manifestations of the teacher's fantasises.

Thought in the beginning was non-existent, at least, until the fruit from the tree of knowledge was tasted.

Who are you? Who am I? Are we the controller or the controlled?

Maybe you are like me? A believer that all have a mind and thoughts, all have a thirst for knowledge and are curious. We, all mankind, have opinions as to what is best for the universe.

That every opinion is important and welcome, because each stirs one's mind, making them contemplate their own existence and thoughts.

Leading all on a quest for greater knowledge. Allowing us to know who one another are, and how they may think.

Thus; "Live and let live." "Treat others as you would like to be treated."

Are quotes that I try to live by.

"Try" being the key word, as try is all any of us can do, in this never ending quest for knowledge, understanding and acceptance of others.

Failure is non-existent, understanding is existent. Realizing I found a way that will not work for me.

Accepting, that I have to keep searching for, needing to find what will work for me, because I am the only one who has control over myself!

These views are mine alone, not meant to influence others, or incite discussion, just my views.

Published 
Written by CKAcres
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments