Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Humanity

3
5 Comments 5
1.7k Views 1.7k
303 words 303 words
Water glistened on the pavement. April never lied about its love for rain. But today seemed unusually humid and the fog rolled in as the clock struck five passed six. Peter cursed as the vines from the roses dug deeper into his skin. He was in the alleyway between 1st and Main, caught in a venomous patch of roses. Fatigue settled over as he drifted into a daze, blinking between darkness and light. Unaware, whispers faintly crept from under his lips. Peters eyes opened to a cold medieval hallway. His hands bound to a large block of stone. He saw a table covered with all kinds of delicious sweets.

It feels like its been weeks since I ate and my stomach grumbles like a hungry bear, he thought to himself. Tempted by the sweet frosting and chocolate under a rich red strawberry, Peter figured he would take a chance. He starred anxiously as if time had slowed down to torment his growing desires. 

As Peter wrestled with his thoughts and chains, the wood panels from beneath him began to creek with slow thuds echoing from across the hall. There is no way out, Peter worried. The shadow grew bigger as a slim figure creeped through the darkness. Her voice shook every muscle in his body.

"Do you remember my name?" she whispered.

Why did I put myself up to this! She's too strong and my will is so weak. I just want a bite. Oh but the consequences. Oh, but I can do this! I have to! Peter's heart raced from fear. He could not want more and care no less. He never wanted his life to end like this. In the blink of an eye, she was pressed up against his trembling body as she whispered in his ear, "I am Desire."

Published 
Written by Kachme
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments