Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Miss You

5
4 Comments 4
1.3k Views 1.3k
265 words 265 words
I miss you today.

For no apparent reason. Just because the sky is murky and grey like your favorite fleece sweater.

Not because the phone hasn’t rang in months. Just because hearing it gives me a false hope you’ll be on the other end.

Not because I’ve run out of milk. Just because I no longer take milk with my cereal and because I miss the mornings of waking up by your side is why I miss you today.

I miss you today.

For no more reason than a fly needs to be a pest. Just cause the ringing in my ears from the silence of my home is so deafening.

Not because I’ve run of out of fabric sheets. But because its laundry night and I need the scent of your favorite brand to help me get by just one more week.

Not because the lingering scent of coffee has stained my kitchen cabinets, despite the fact that I don’t even drink the stuff. Just because I now tear up at the smell of a French Roast is the reason why I miss you.

I miss you today.

Because what fate gave me, time took away. I miss you today just like all the other days preceding this. I miss you today cause you slipped away from me, through my fingers, pass the front door and out of my life. I know these words I write will never be read by you, but I just wanted the ether to know that I miss you today and probably always will.

Published 
Written by 392OhMyGoodness
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments