Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Love Minus Zero

0
0 Comments 0
972 Views 972
899 words 899 words
My whole life feels as though I have been waiting for the right time, and I feel lost or know how to feel at times. And never being able to say those words right though I knew of what I spoke of. Yet most sat and laughed because I couldn’t speak right, but those that listened knew what was said, even if they had to read between the lines. Remembering when I asked her to stay with me, and heard all of them gathered around telling me it would be all-right, and then again I questioned if they actually knew what all-right truly means? I have heard that life is nothing but a test, and I have in most cases turned and stood tall facing the storm that was coming and she did too.

I have played my cards that were dealt from the bottom of the deck, and never did fold as I bluffed my way through each hand dealt. All must know that there is a thin line between love and hate, and is a line to either walk down like a razor’s edge or cross it depending on who you are, and what you prefer. But then I would prefer to come up and meet her, knowing that she apart from those who end up running in circles. She always knew that it wouldn’t be easy, or be as hard as somethings have been as we both made our way down the line, and at times trying to live upon the square. As we both dealt with those questions of silence, posed to us with no real answer able to be given.

And there might be times when she or I will get things wrong but then again it means that we won’t give in and once in a while we recall that we will like everyone have to die alone. And this ain’t us saying goodbye and as far as we both know this isn’t where and how the story ends, and it won’t be here or now. We both know that all which glitters sure ain’t gold, and we also know that whatever we reap will be from what was sown. Sometimes we feel our way through the darkness and we both don’t know where the journey down the line will end. Though sometimes it would be preferred to be woken up when all the miles had been covered and the end of the line has been reached, but instead I’d rather meet each challenge as they come and avoid those obstacles they deliberately put in our way.

Both of us recall meeting a fortune teller who said that one day we would be free as we made our way down those old Highways 51, and 61 when they called. So come with me my sweetest friend and don’t be scared, where everything continues as I take your hand and heading on to where the Tao directs us to be in the next moment as it happens. We both know the past isn’t that far behind and we both have those sins we carry, as we try not to look back though we both know some always look back and see no open doors.

We both won’t go hide underground just because some said that Death has been making the rounds, or that the end is close by. And instead of living they are trying to make others adapt to their thinking that it’s time to die. But then we have run into those who refuse to hear the voice of reason, and instead thrive on spreading fear where they go, and we both know when they are trying to pull the wool over our eyes. So living for tomorrow, making our way on down the line riding along with hearts that feel like one, and trying to look at the future and still carrying a mixture of collateral damage mixed with memories of what seems like past lives.

We both know that every second can sometimes feel as if there is a lifetime that’s passing by, and times when we both need to turn away from them, and their judgments, and their question asked about things feeling better than love. As I tell her to keep her eyes on me and not to look back at those times when the shadows could be felt, or been a victim of the night from the fear they spread. So take my hand or hold onto my arm as we keep heading where the Tao directs us down the line. And watching you smile as I point out that most of them can’t tell they are sitting on barbed wire fence, and they all live in a melancholy moment and a reckoning will find them one day.

One day we will pass where those lonesome guards sit on high and ring those bells of the Temple of Life, as we come down those back roads and stand there leaning against the walls looking out at it and know that when we finally reach it, it will be time to start all over and do it all again. For this is where we started this journey on down the line and where it ends only to start again.

Copyright: Timberwolf International LTD. April 2016 – 25

Published 
Written by Shotgun011
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors