Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Powerful Love - Chapter Six

"Being around the right people can always cheer you up"

4
4 Comments 4
1.5k Views 1.5k
883 words 883 words
Chapter Six - Nick

I make my way over to the table and sit there quietly waiting for Oasis to return. I sit there for about two minutes before I see her exit the bathroom, she slowly makes her way over to the table and takes her seat. We sit in silence, while we wait for our dinner to arrive. After a couple of minutes I see my brother, Justin, making his way over to us with our food.

“Hello, it’s nice to meet you, my name’s Justin,” he says introducing himself to Oasis.

“Hello, Justin, I’m Oasis,” she says shyly. “I’m sorry about earlier.”

“There’s no need to be sorry,” Justin says. “Now who ordered the chicken Caprese?”

“That would be me,” Oasis tells him politely, “and I also ordered the risotto.”

“Okay, well I hope you have a big appetite,” Justin tells Oasis setting the plates in front of her. “I’ll put anything you don’t eat in a takeaway container,” he tells her, when he sees the look of surprise on her face.

“Thank you, these look delicious,” Oasis tells Justin, as he puts my plate in front of me.

“Well, I’ll be in the kitchen if you two need anything,” Justin says before heading back to the kitchens.

“I ordered, when I went to get my dad,” I tell her before picking up my knife and fork.

I sit quietly and eat my honey soy steak and cooked vegetables, while Oasis eats her meals with clear enjoyment.

“So can I ask you what happened with Taylor to make him so upset at you?” I ask when we are nearly finished eating.

“He was dating Minerva for two and a half years before they broke up and as you can probably tell it wasn’t a good break up,” Oasis says after a couple of moments silence. “I meet him after they had been dating for six months. He made me feel weird from the moment I meet him. I avoided him as much as I could and I made sure that I was never alone with him. A couple of days before my sixteenth he came over looking for Minerva but she wasn’t there she was at a dance recital. I had stayed home because I had an essay due on Monday and when I told him that Minerva was at her dance recital with Maggie and our parents, he leaned in and tried to kiss me. When I realised what he was doing, I pushed him away. I tried to run up the stairs to my room but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back and tried to kiss me again. So I grabbed his arm, flipped him so that he landed on the ground on his front, I put my foot on his back, told him if he ever tried anything like that again I wouldn’t hold back and that I would tell Minerva. He left and said that he would deny it all. I told Minerva, when she got back. She called Taylor and he tried to deny it all. She said that she didn’t believe him and that they were over and he told her to tell me that this wasn’t over amongst calling me some choice descriptive words. Today was the first time I’ve seen him since it happened.”

“I’m guessing that he hasn’t forgotten it by the way he acted,” I say slightly upset by the way Taylor has treated Oasis.

“Would you forget if a girl my size flipped you?” she asks with a smile.

“Probably not,” I say. “Are you finished?”

“Yeah, they were both so delicious,” she says with a genuine smile.

“Well, I hope you saved some room because we have dessert to go yet,” I say with cheeky grin.

“What is it?” Oasis asks me, while I wave to Kendall to bring the dessert.

“Just wait a minute. It’s a surprise,” I say, my grin growing bigger.

“Here you go, Death by Chocolate,” Kendall says putting the tray with the dessert on the table.

Kendall quickly leans and whispers something in Oasis’ ear. Oasis gives a quick nod before Kendall races off to serve the customer waiting at the front counter.

“What did Kendall say?” I ask curiously as I pick up a spoon.

“She just wanted me to know that this was a dessert that she helped make and that she would be there for me as a friend whenever I need her,” Oasis tells me.

“Well she does make it the best,” I tell her before digging into the bowl and serving some into a smaller bowl for myself.

“This tastes so nice,” Oasis tells me after her first bite.

“We make it with Brownie instead of cake,” I tell her glad that she has cheered up since the encounter with Taylor.

We sit quietly and eat it with only moans of happiness coming from Oasis, as she enjoys the dessert. Once we are done, we slowly make our way over to the counter to say goodbye to Kendall and collect Oasis’ takeaway box with her leftover Caprese and risotto before heading out to my car to go the cinemas.

Published 
Written by nekala20
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments