Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Gidealis Enigma Chapter 40

"Only love can jump-start the seach for answers!"

5
5 Comments 5
806 Views 806
1.5k words 1.5k words
Chapter 40 The Forbidden Love

“I brought you the diary, Demi. This is the only help I can render in the search for Leozarit,” Immaul says thoughtfully. “Then, after you passed out unexpectedly, we used that as a chance to put you by the black stone. They are known for enhancing one’s dreams and visions.”

“Well… I mean, in a way, I think, it worked…” I stumble and look at Immaul. “So it was you who put the diary in my pocket? How did you bring it here? You can’t carry items through space!”

“I didn’t. The original is still in your room in your father’s house on Earth. I made a smaller copy. You can call this one a “pocket edition.” He smiles and suddenly disappears.

“We do not normally ask the race of arkchil Chroniclers for help. But there is nothing normal about the dire situation we’re in right now.” The ederi is sad and I can see a painful expression on his face.

There is a noise outside of what looks like a door.

“You can come in now!” says Yasen.

The door opens by pulling itself upwards, and Zumi makes a cautious step inside with some long garments he holds in his hands.

“Oh my!” He then runs to me, and drops to his knees, grabbing my feet. “I’m so sorry! I did not mean to kill you!!!”

“It’s OK!” I feel a desire to touch him. So I run my hand through his hair. It is silky and flows like water. The scary thing is I have a desire for this man. He, in turn, feverishly and genuinely wants to be my friend. Why?

“Please let me be by your side, sweet, cherished Domiarn! I’ll do anything for you! I’ll protect you!”

“It’s probably a good idea, Demi.” Yasen takes the garments from Zumi’s hands who sits by me, breathing heavily. “You are going to get attacked again. Our people do not mean harm, but they will literally kiss you to death. Our humans were much stronger than you. You can’t handle as much neurotoxin as we’re used to injecting. So, I had this made for you while you slept. It will cover all your skin. And Zumi is possibly the best guard for you. You can’t walk alone, you can’t let anyone touch you.”

“I only have one question… ” I take the clothing of thick, rough fabric. It’s pants and long shirt, and gloves – all black. “If your people love humans so much, and me in particular, why disdainful looks from Moro and company?”

“It’s because you belong to Kallitris. The leaders hate you for that.” Zumi frowns. “But I don’t care. I just love you!”

Several days pass in confinement, after Yasen realized my vulnerability and freaked out. I’m full of uncertainty and I feel stuck in my search for answers. Funny that my appointed guard now is the very person who attacked me. But the incident only showed that the ederi are unable to keep their hands off of me, while Zumi learned his lesson.

I never quite understood if all of “their” humans were wiped out during the war, or are there any still left. But that is not relevant right now. I study the diary in its entirety day and night in hopes of understanding more about Ari and Leozarit.

Well, there is no “night” and ederi don’t need any sleep, not that Yasen could get any, going nuts planning on how to browse through three galaxies looking for my mother. He is tired, worn out, and stressed. He is afraid Leot will find out what happened before we can find her.

In order to be with me, Zumi had to appoint a steward to govern his people on the Northern shores. He never leaves my side. They do not let me go anywhere outside my room, but the room is not secured in any way. So, I sit there with the beautiful green-eyed ederi, and the diary. It would feel like a prison, or, at least very boring, if it was not for the enchanted black stone.

It does not just show pictures of the past, present and future at random. It also thinks for itself and can interact with other beings. Every time I read a page in the diary and lay down by the stone, it helpfully shows me a day before and a day after that entry. It greatly enhances my ability to see into the life of Ari and that unnamed village girl.

However the search for answers is painfully slow. I’m on pins and needles searching through the images of my dreams the amazing black stone can play back. Zumi had to put on gloves so he could touch me. He wants me badly, sitting here, stroking my back, running his hand through my hair. It feels good, and my heart melts. But we can’t make love. His body exudes neurotoxin in huge amounts and he can’t control it.

With my back to the black stone, I read another entry in the diary: “Today Leozarit, my sweet baby girl is five years old! Ari decided to give her a wonderful gift - he took us to his spaceship and showed us some amazing place on a square thing he called “the screen”.

I turn the page in anticipation to learn more. There is nothing else. The page is empty. The next entry is one year later. This is really frustrating. You want her to be consistent, and she leaves you hanging just like that! He showed what place? Why that place in particular? All the questions crowd in my head in an annoying, buzzing hive.

“It’s OK… “ Zumi chimes in. “It’s a miracle in itself that Leozarit’s mother left any record at all. You can’t ask for much of a village girl.”

He’s right. His touch is so sweet, and I’m so sensitive to his caress. I feel comfortable with this being, whatever he is, no matter how different he might be from me. I feel a surge of desire, unable to see where it is coming from, as Zumi is not touching me with his bare skin. Can it be that I actually fell in love with this magnificent man with long black hair and surprisingly human features?

Will Iris be upset if I cheated on him with this thin, willowy alien, with boneless fingers, half human, half sian? Will Kallitris ever find out? After all, it’s his fault I found myself brought to Crumbling Rose against my will.

“Let’s do it.” I say, and pull off the thick shirt aimed to protect me from this very type of action.

“No!” The ederi shakes his head, frightened. “You don’t understand, we’ve evolved to give a certain amount of neurotoxin to our humans as part of symbiosis. That’s why I nearly killed you in the forest – it’s too much for you! That’s why you’re locked up here. It’s a good thing Yasen found out in time, that you are a weaker type of human!”

“I’m stuck, Zumi. I can’t find any answers! I’ve been here for a week pouring over this damned diary, only for it to abruptly end in the most important place. I’m going crazy!” I lean to Zumi and kiss him, without wasting any more words.

His walls crush, and he kisses me back. This kiss makes me delirious with pleasure and euphoria. At this point the process is irreversible, and he undresses me quickly and impatiently. He pulls off his gloves, and touches my body all over. My skin tingles, and I immediately begin to burn with flaming desire and feel the hot streams of neurotoxin, penetrating my brain.

I arch my back as he runs his hand up and down my chest. If this is my last time making love, let’s make it as memorable as possible. Zumi grabs me in a powerful embrace, tears of joy streaming down his cheeks, his body pulsating against mine.

I must admit, I’ve never been faithful to any of my men. I’ve dated several at the same time, because I just could never stay with just any one guy. So, almost four decades later I’ve gained a lot of experience. With all this expertise I must admit, that Zumi deserved the right to be number one on the long list of my lovers.

Was it the neurotoxin he naturally produced, as opposed to the weaker synthesized version that Kallitris had to inject into me artificially, or just his heartily, unwavering “love at first sight”, I do not know.

But of all the loves I had I would always treasure his forbidden love as a precious gem of emerald, which is his true nature. If I only knew that this mutual weakness, this forbidden love was going to yield earth-shattering results, would I have done it still? Yes, I would have .

Published 
Written by GriffinGarcon
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments