Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Hybrid Theory part 1

"It takes one moment to change a life"

3
2 Comments 2
2.0k Views 2.0k
756 words 756 words
Even as a kid I knew my sister and I were different.We could move faster than other kids, were stronger than most adults, our vision and hearing was sharper than a regular person's. Our parents even told us we were different, and that we must hide our differences from the world because the world was not ready to know about us. But that's not what fate had planned for us, hiding was the last thing fate intended. Fate wanted us to come out of hiding, and show the world that we exist.
Our battle for survival started with an announcement.

Just a dream.

"I am here to announce the existence of supernatural creatures. Every creature we thought to be a myth, or made up, is in fact real. Those that are already in the U.S. are considered legal citizens."

We all were sitting in the den watching the newscast, speechless. They really went through with the great revealing. I looked at my twin sister wondering if this was a dream, a horribly twisted dream. The world was not ready to learn of the existence of paranormal beings.

"I will also announce that as of today every supernatural creature must be registered in all federal databases, what 'type' of supernatural they are, their powers, their feeding habits, their weakness. Also we will make it aware in your neighborhood that there is a supernatural creature living near you."

The announcement ended and the regular program started playing again, but none of us paid attention to the tv. The golden rule of the supernatural community had been broken, no human must know that we exist. We sat there in silence for what seemed like hours before anyone said anything.

"This is unexpected but tomorrow we will go to the social security office and register ourselves," Dad said, as he and mom got up and left the room. We knew dad was heading to the roof to the attic while mom was heading out to the forest behind the house. I took one last look at my sister then headed upstairs to go to bed.

The next day we thought we would leave out bright and early to register ourselves, but we weren't the only ones with that idea. The line wrapped around the building with people coming to register, but they weren't the only ones there. Behind police barricades stood a large crowd of people, normal people, waiting and watching for those who would come. Getting out the car and waiting in line we could feel the people staring at us. I don't know about anyone else but I felt the hatred behind those stares.

When it was finally our time to go in we were instantly separated. I was placed in an room with that looked like the interrogation rooms off of CSI and Law and Order. There was a woman sitting behind a desk in the middle of the room, telling me to talk a seat.

"Hello, my name is Jennifer and I will be registering today. I already have you basic information,but I must ask a few questions, which is just a normal procedure. How would you describe yourself?"

Looking at this lady I didn't want to be here, so I decided to have a little fun. "Well I'm sixteen, and am a sophmore in high school. I'm African American, I'm 6'5" and weigh two-twenty five. I'm in no sports but I exercise regularly. Am I missing anything?" I asked, knowing that this wasn't what she wanted to know.

"That's not what I meant, I want to know what makes you different," she said, trying to keep the frustration out of her voice.

"Well besides going through puberty, I'm having problems talking to the girl I like, my sister interferes in my social life, oh and my parents don't understand me," I replied while smiling. I knew this was getting annoying and getting nowhere so I decided to give her a break.

"I am a hybrid, part werewolf, part elemental. I can turn into a wolf at will, and as for being part elemental I can only control air and only to a minimum. That's all I can do."

"Thank you for your help in helping us identify the 'beings' in our neighborhood. We will have you in the system within the next twenty four hours."

Getting up, she escorted me from the room, where my family was waiting for me. Not wanting to say anything about what had happened, we headed home.

Published 
Written by Darkangel
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments