Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Hybrid Theory part 2

"Once your secret is revealed, there is no escaping the truth"

3
3 Comments 3
1.6k Views 1.6k
627 words 627 words
Everything was different now. Now that the humans know that we exist everything is different now. Even heading home after registering as an official supernatural creature of the United States. It's like the world was holding its breath waiting for the next move to be made, and it didn't have long to wait.

Pulling up on our street was like walking down the red carpet. Everyone on the street was sitting on their porch, or standing in their lawn watching the car as it made its way down the street. They now knew we were not like them, and we have been singled out.

We pulled into the drive way and got out the car. Not caring who was watching I walked straight to the woods behind our house. I think my sister knew what I was about to do because she was right next to me. Walking through the first set of trees we burst into a run, letting the shift take us as we ran. Jumping a log, I shifted into my wolf. I loped to the stream, waiting for Fade to catch up to me.

Looking at myself I knew I was different than most werewolves. I was bigger than most wolves and werewolves, with midnight black fur, and grey eyes. Fade came crashing through the bushes, looking like she was having fun being a wolf again.

She probably was considering the responsibility placed on our shoulders. See our dad is elemental priest, and no not like a priest of a church. It's a title given to the leader of an elemental guild. Fade inherited more elemental power from our dad then I did, and our dad needed an heir to succeed him, which made her the automatic choice. I on the other hand, was more wolf than anything, and at birth I was chosen to be the next alpha of my mom's pack. So yeah, we had a lot of weight to deal with besides going to high school and being teenagers.

I checked her over to make sure she was okay before we started our run. This was my favorite part of being a wolf, the freedom and power you feel when you run. The smell of the forest as you fly past, the power in your limbs as your race through the forest. I stopped in my tracks as I neared the edge of the forest, we had run from one end to the other in a matter of minutes. Fade came loping behind me trying to figure out why I stopped.

Standing a few feet away was a group of people with weapons and flashlights getting ready to enter the forest. The humans had formed a hunting party.

I nudged Fade into the bushes making sure she got out of there before me. I watched them for a second before I let out a howl. I howled with the pain of the injustice that I was feeling. Turning tail, I ran into the forest after my sister. In a matter of seconds I caught up to her, racing back to the house. Half way there a group of wolves joined us as we ran.

I shifted just as I passed the last tree leading to our back yard, not breaking stride as I raced for the house. Barreling through the back door, startling my parents, I started telling them what I saw. As I started telling what I saw, my sister and the rest of our pack came through the door. By time I finished the whole pack was in our house including the current alpha.

I looked around the room, looking at the faces of my pack members as they processed what happened. The Humans were already hunting us.

Published 
Written by Darkangel
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments