Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
The Strange White Man Part 24

"Stiles confronts Holly"

3
3 Comments 3
1.2k Views 1.2k
804 words 804 words
They chatted late into the Evening about the upcoming visit. Each person had a task to perform once they arrived in town and it was gone over repeatedly to ensure there were no mistakes. As Holly bustled about performing her house cleaning tasks Lafayette decided to speak to Carpenter outside, he used the premise of staying out of Holly's way.

"You should think about marrying that girl," Lafayette said.

"Why would I do that?"

"That seems to be one Stiles biggest rants and he voices it constantly."

"That is of no concern to me."

"Maybe not now, but its overheard by many and someone is going to become suspicious, maybe one of the fanatical religious persons and it could invite unwanted attention."

Carpenter sat and thought. He had been married many time over the course of centuries but mostly to mortals. He had never entertained the thought of marrying one of his own kind because most of the females he encountered were nothing more than animated corpses.

Still clad in their burial gowns they never bothered to change and the gowns became filthy and stiff with dirt and blood spatter As time passed these gowns became nothing more than tattered rags that barely covered them. None of them ever bathed and the stench was overwhelming.

They preferred to hide in graveyards that they were interned in and now attacked anyone that came near. They also refused to drink cows blood to avert suspicion. Some had even attacked him as he was considered an outsider among his own kind because of his desire to live in a house.

"I shall consider what you said."

"Good, well we better get packed so we will be ready to head to town as soon as you two wake up."

The following night all three of them rode into town together and tied their horses up in front of the Cactus Flower saloon. Stiles saw them arrive as did the sheriff and before the sheriff could warn him to steer clear of them he bolted from his chair in front of the sheriffs office and ran toward them with the sheriff hot on his heels.

Carpenter and Jasper entered first while Holly dallied for a moment adjusting her outfit and she was still standing there when Stiles reached her.

"Now bitch you shall be revealed for what you are," he snarled.

When the sheriff arrived mere seconds later Stiles removed his pocket pistol and trained it on him instructing him to hold up his hands and watch. He then tore open his jacket and shirt exposing his bare chest as he once again removed his boot knife with his free hand. He then made a long slashing motion across his chest and in seconds the wound began to drip blood.

"Look you undead whore, fresh blood," Stiles announced and he waited for the same reaction from her that he received the first time he did this.

But there was no reaction and Holly just stood there staring at him. Stiles looked deep into her eyes and saw that something was amiss.

"Who are you?" he questioned.

So intent was his stare that he allowed his concentration to move away from the sheriff that was being held at gunpoint. It was then that the sheriff made his move and tackled Stiles to the ground and moving the hand that held the pistol away from his face.

Holly placed her hands in her face and retreated up the alley as the sheriff and Stiles rolled around on the wooden sidewalk. The sheriffs deputies were exiting the office and seeing their boss was in a fight they ran to assist him by pulling Stiles off of the boss. His pistol was knocked out of his hand and he was held between the deputies with his arms twisted behind his back.

"You are a sick son of a bitch and this time you're going to jail," the sheriff told him.

"It wasn't her, it was somebody dressed like, " he moaned and winced as the duties tightened their grip on him.

"That's a crock o shit, I saw her as clear as I see you."

"No it wasn't her."

"Hold him here boys while I fetch Miss Holly, she ran away in fright."

The sheriff went up the alley calling her name and found her cowering behind some boxes.

He coaxed her out talking softly and reassuring her that the man was in custody. It took some time as she was very frightened, but she eventually came out and allowed the sheriff to escort her back out front. A small crowd had gathered when they heard the commotion and saw the sheriff rolling around on the ground with this newcomer.

"Someone go find her man, Carpenter," the sheriff shouted to no one in particular.

Published 
Written by The_Count
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments