Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Amber Part 22

5
4 Comments 4
1.2k Views 1.2k
1.4k words 1.4k words
Amber and Bruce both had a restless nights sleep due to the recent events. Each agreed and swore that if questioned they would respond with the answers they had rehearsed. If asked if he was the father he would say yes, and Amber would respond the same way.

If she was questioned about her one time affair in Greece she would admit to it though she hoped it would not be brought up. Both had slow starts come morning and it was an effort to get up and get moving. They even considered asking their folks call then in sick and spending the day sleeping in, but that would only put off the inevitable confrontations.

Soon Bruce was knocking at her door and minutes later they were headed toward school. The weather had turned cold and there was a light dusting of snow and Amber was happy that she did not have to stand in the frigid weather waiting for a bus.

"Bruce, pull over," she requested when they were still a few blocks away from school.

Believing her ready to get sick as she had in the past he quickly curbed his vehicle and placed it in park. As soon as the vehicle had stopped Amber twisted in her seat as best she could and placed a long lingering kiss on his lips and he kissed her back.

"What was that for?" he asked.

"To remind you that I really and truly love you," she responded.

"I love you too," he responded before he placed his car in drive and they continued on to school.

He dropped her at the curb and she went inside while he parked his car. Amber was surprised when some of her friends that had been distant rushed outside to greet her and walk her inside. The smiles on their faces were warm and their greetings were genuine.

"Wow, I thought that you all hated me," was Amber's first response.

"Not hated, just confused on why you wouldn't share who the father was," Sheri responded.

"So I take it you found out? Amber asked.

"Yeah we did," Darlene responded.

"Ya coulda done much worse," Marci added.

Then the non-stop questions began as she knew they would. Her responses her given as though she was recalling memories and not the answers she had rehearsed with Bruce. Meanwhile on the other side of the school Bruce was going through the same thing with his buddies.

He was greeted with handshakes, pats on the back and being called a stud.

"Ya coulda just come out and told us the truth," Ralph stated and his other friends echoed the same sentiment.

"I was going to, but I didn't want you guys to make a big deal out of it," Bruce responded.

"But it is a big deal. You banged Amber Conway, one of the hottest girls in school. Anyone of us would have given our right hand to do," Fred responded.

"Now since we know you didn't go to Greece so it had to have happened here," Tom questioned.

"It did."

"Where?"

"At the rec center," Bruce answered using the story he and Amber created.

"Probably in one of the massage therapy rooms," Ralphie offered.

"How did you know?" Bruce asked.

"Because that's where I first kissed Jennifer Kinsey," came the response.

"Come on Bruce. You kept us in the dark since September, we want details," Fred stated.

"Aw come on, you know I don't roll like that."

"OK, but ya gotta answer one question. Was she wearing her red bikini?" Ralphie asked.

"Yes she was," Bruce answered and gave them a slight smile.

"Dude, I think I hate you," Tim responded with a laugh.

The bell for homeroom sounded and the students slowly made their way there. Once seated Amber was once again besieged with questions.

"So, how was it?" Darlene asked in hushed tones.

"It was great," she responded.

"Did he lie and tell you he had protection?" Sheri asked.

"You were still a virgin when you did it? Did it hurt?" Marci asked.

A feeling of relief washed over Amber as her deepest wish had been granted. They did not know about what happened in Greece and assumed Bruce was totally responsible.

"We didn't worry about protection, I mean it was only one time. Yes, I was a virgin and it hurt a little," she responded shyly.

Amber notice that her friend Barbie fixed her with an angry look, but before she could question her the homeroom teacher appeared and the class quieted down. Then the morning announcements were broadcast over the PA system and shortly afterwards the bell signaling the start of first period sounded and Amber headed to her first class.

Barbie caught up to her in the hallway and walked her to English. As the teacher was not there the class cellphones were brought out and texting started.

"I can't believe that you didn't tell me the truth, me your best friend. You let me believe that you fell in love in Greece," Barbie said, barely able to control her voice.

"Bar, I am sorry but I didn't want anyone to know. Even my parents didn't know the whole truth."

"You told me about your date and the kiss, but you didn't mention that you had given him a lot more, " Barbie answered with just a hint of sarcasm.

Amber just stared at her longtime friend and for a moment entertained the notion of telling her the absolute truth. She realized that if she did and it should happen to get out that it was all a lie her remaining years in school would be hell.

It was then that Mother Nature intervened between the two girls and the baby kicked so hard Amber's face went white and she grabbed her stomach with one hand and her friend's shoulder with the other.

"Sweetie what's wrong?" Barbie asked, her face now showing concern and worry.

"Nothing, the baby just kicked me real hard. Here, feel," she said and placed Barbie's hand on her stomach.

Her friend felt the kicking and her eyes teared up at the miracle of life growing inside her friend.

"You must have had your reasons and I'm being bitch. Please forgive me," Barbie asked.

"It's OK, no harm done,"Amber responded as the color slowly returned to her face.

The days passed without incident. The biggest mystery had been solved and soon the questions stopped as everyone accepted what they had been told. Amber and Bruce still ate lunch together and enjoyed each others company, nothing diminished or changed in their feelings for each other.

He would occasionally dropped her at the doctors office and one of her parents would pick her up. It was at the next appointment that the doctor announced that everything was looking good. She was now seven months pregnant and if all went well her due date would be sometime in February.

The doctor advised her to attend the free Lamaze classes at the hospital and select a labor coach. She had never thought about what would happen if she went into labor during school hours. She discussed it with her folks over dinner that evening.

"There is only one obvious choice," Mom said.

"I know, but I don't know how Bruce will react if I ask him," she replied with a sigh.

"You have to ask him first," her dad said.

"What if he says no?" Amber asked.

"I somehow don't think that would happen," Mom responded.

"You both are due to be on Christmas break soon are you not? Invite him over for breakfast or lunch and ask him," Dad responded.

That evening on their video chat, Amber questioned him about his work schedule while on vacation. He said it was mostly nights because that's when they were the busiest.

"So you can come over for breakfast or lunch?" she asked.

"Lunch for sure because I plan on sleeping in if I can," he responded.

"If you come over early we will have more time alone," she said feeling a rush of desire at the thought of being alone with him.

"Breakfast it is then. Let's make it first Monday that we are out of school," Bruce responded, feeling the similar rush of desire.

"It's a deal. Now get some sleep," she said as she kissed his image on her screen.

Published 
Written by The_Count
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments