Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Amber Part 7

4
4 Comments 4
1.2k Views 1.2k
1.2k words 1.2k words
Amber spent the rest of the week thinking about her feelings for Bruce. Was she falling in love with him or was she merely horny?

Although she was still a virgin before her pregnancy, she was not as naive or innocent as she led others to believe. She had done her fair share of flirting and being flirted with by the members of opposite sex since she started modeling at age thirteen. It was upon the advice of her first modeling coach that she kept these feelings to herself and did not discuss them with her friends or school mates.

So while in school she played the innocent role and it worked to her advantage. She was able to avoid the boys who had only one thing on their minds and the girls who believed a person should be judged by everything except what was in his heart. As a result they hung a sweet, innocent and naive title on her and she did nothing to change it.

Her pregnancy had caused her to feel fat and unattractive, but Bruce made her feel pretty and desirable again and he even overlooked her bouts of morning sickness. She still had some male friends but most of them had girlfriends or she was not attracted to them.

Most of her female friends had distanced themselves from her, like pregnancy was catching. The exception was her longtime friend Barbie, and since Barbie lived only a few houses down from hers, the girls spent a lot of time at each others houses talking.

"Bar, am I really considered a stuck up and unapproachable bitch?"

"Who told you that crap?"

"I've heard it a few times."

"Probably started by the guys that wanted to suck face with you while they let their hands go under your skirt and inside your blouse."

"So do you think it's strange that Bruce is being so nice to me?"

"Naw."

 "Did you know we went on a date?"

"No? When?"

"Last Saturday."

"Where'd he take you?"

"To the Argentine for dinner and then a movie."

"OMG, the Argentine? That's a classy and expensive place."

"Yeah it is, he even had them seat us by the fireplace."

"What movie did he take you to?"

"That new James Bond movie."

"Wow, he must have read your mind. Does he know how much you like the 007 movies?"

"He does now, but that's not the best part. We talked a lot before the movie started and I accused him of only taking me out because I was pregnant."

"How'd he take it?"

"He got really upset and teared up."

"What he say?"

"If I tell you do you swear never to reveal it to another soul?"

"Amber, it's me you're talking to."

"He said he wishes he was the father."

"Why?"

"Because that would make us a couple and that I would be around for awhile."

Barbie had tears in her eyes. "Wow, do you know that means?"

"No."

"It means he really cares about you and is probably in love with you."

"You think so?"

"Would any of the guys we hung around with say anything like that?"

"I guess not."

"Did he kiss you?"

"Yes."

"Who made the first move?"

"I did."

"Was there tongue?"

"Yes, a lot of tongue."

Barbie let loose a squeal of laughter and hugged her best friend.

"I am so happy for you and a little bit jealous."

That conversation gave Amber a lot to think about. The rest of the week prior to Halloween night was business as usual with the exception of both of them being invited to a few Halloween parties that they bowed out as gracefully as possible.

On Wednesday night Amber's dad called Bruce's parents and spoke to them about him sleeping over at his house on Friday.

"If you don't have a problem with it then neither do I, " Bruce's dad stated.

"It would make me feel a lot better to have someone the that Amber likes and trusts in case of an emergency."

Amber's mom had purchased more than the normal amount of Halloween treats as the weather forecast promised temps in the upper fifties, and that was sure to bring out an above average amount of trick or treaters.

The inner wood door would remain open and the storm door had its upper glass portion removed so treats could be dropped into the bags of those on the porch and thus eliminating the worries of hitting anyone with the door when it was opened.

So after an early supper Bruce packed his gym duffel with a spare change of clothes and toiletries before he bid his parents a good night and headed to Amber's house.

He was met in the driveway by her father and was instructed to pull up and park his car to the right of the garage doors. Her dad was wearing a Frankenstein monster costume and due to his height and build it looked pretty convincing. Amber's mom was dressed as the Bride of Frankenstein and her costume looked pretty good as well.

 Once inside he pointed out the list of emergency contact numbers that was posted on the fridge, although Amber had protested it.

"I'm not a baby and he is not a babysitter," she informed her parents in a perturbed voice.

 "You are correct, but if something happens he will know who to call," was the response she received.

It was shortly before the 6:00 PM official start time for trick or treat that her parents departed and it was only a few minutes later that the first group of costumed kids showed up. In between answering the door they talked about their Halloween experiences.

"I have been out every year since kindergarten," she started.

"Me too."

"If not for my condition I would have gone out this year."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be, this is better and I really don't need any extra weight."

Around 7:00 pm they called in the pizza order and as they expected it would take about an hour plus or minus as they were very busy. One of the cable channels was showing all the early black and white horror movies back to back starting at 8:00 pm and that was the time that trick or treat night ended so it was all good.

Responding to the standard "trick or treat" call Amber discovered it was some of the girls from school on her porch. When they saw Bruce sitting on the couch their eyes grew wide and bombarded her with questions. Her responses were non-committal.

She told Bruce who was at the door and added that this would add more fuel to the gossip fire.

"I don't care what they say anymore."

"Neither do I," she responded as she planted a kiss on his lips.

The pizza arrived shortly before the end of trick or treat night and was placed in the stove to keep warm as they wanted to enjoy it without having to jump up to answer the door. Finally at 8:00 pm the porch lights were extinguished, the door closed and the drapes drawn so they could have some privacy.

Bruce got the pizza and Cokes while Amber set up the TV trays. The opening credits of the 1933 Frankenstein had just started and they settled one the couch to watch and enjoy. He eventually placed his arm around her shoulder and she slid in closer to him to watch the parade of mummies, monsters and vampires.

Published 
Written by The_Count
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments