Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Vengence

0
1 Comment 1
1.3k Views 1.3k
1.9k words 1.9k words
Chapter 1

It was a foggy Christmas Eve. I was so busy packing a bag that I didn't hear the front door open. I looked around my room trying to decide what I was going to wear. I saw a pair of jeans lying in the corner. I quickly threw them on along with a sweatshirt. I went back to zip up my bags. As I was zipping it up, I felt a hand on the back of my neck. As I started to turn around, I felt a cloth in my mouth. I began to struggle and get away from my attacker but to no avail. I was having trouble breathing. Then everything went black.

I woke up to pitch black. I could tell that I was raised up on something. I slowly lowered my feet to the ground. Judging from the distance, I was laying on some sort of bed. Once my feet were on the ground, I lowered the rest of my body so that I was in a crawl position. I began to crawl and check out where I was. It wasn't long before I hit a wall. I placed my hand on it. It felt cold and damp. I couldn't tell if it was brick or cement, but I knew that I wouldn't be getting out through that wall anytime soon. Following that wall, I made my way around the room until I came to some sort of metal doors. The rods were strategically placed so that someone of my size and nature couldn't squeeze past them. To my despair there didn't seem to be an easy way out of my imprisonment. I didn't even know who my captor was or where I was.

Suddenly I heard a cough. "Hello?" I said.

No answer.

"I know you're there. Were you captured too? Please. Maybe we can help each other escape."

"How can we help each other escape when my powers don't work in this cell? I haven't even seen you use your powers, so who even knows if you do. Although our captor is careful only to take those with powers." replied a husky male voice.

"Powers? What are you talking about? Like vampire powers? Or werewolf? OMG are you a vampire or a werewolf? Cause that'd be super hot. Umm. Not that your hot or anything. I can't even see you so Ya."

I heard laughter.

"You obviously are well read when it comes to vamps and werewolves. However, those are myths. Stories to fill silly human minds."

"Hey! I'm not a silly human. And didn't you just say you have powers?"

"There's a difference between having powers and being a mythological creature."

"Oh. So what type of powers do you have? And how do we find out what powers I have? And who is our captor?"

More laughter. "I like you. You're a curious little thing. That just might help us. There are ways to find out what sort of powers you have. We can test them out, we will be here for a while. I'm still coming into my powers, so I'm not exactly sure the limits. As for right now I know I can see in the dark, and I have supersonic hearing. As for our captor... She goes by the name Karen.... Karen Wilson."

"Wouldn't it be cool if I could like shoot lasers out of my eyes? Wait... Did you just say K.. K.. Karen Wilson?"

"That's not a power. And yes why?"

Hearing that name again after so many years sent me into a state of shock. I was forced to remember the past that I tried so hard to bury and forget. Not one person in my life, other than my family, knew what was in my past, why I was reluctant to talk about the past.

Karen had adopted me when I was 6. She viewed herself as my savior because she took me off the streets and away from my drug-addicted parents. I viewed her as my worst nightmare. I began to see the cruelty of the world just by growing up there. I grew up craving those mother-daughter moments and all those father-daughter moments. The household was abusive, mentally and physically, throughout the entire family relationship.

When I finally moved out and was able to go somewhere safe, I filed a restraining order on her. I didn't want her to find out anything about me. I wanted to cut all ties with her. I knew going into it, that there was no way she would lay down with her tail between her legs.

When I went off to college, I knew if she would gain her revenge it would be sometime in the next four years. At the start of my sophomore year, I worried less about it. At the start of my junior year, I completely forgot about it. I chose not to renew the restraining order. I figured that if she wanted revenge she would've done it already. I didn't realize she would have been so patient when it came this.

"Ummm. Are you ok?"

"Me... Uh. Honestly, I don't know."

"What's wrong?"

"Well...since you asked. The thing is I kind of knew her."

"Well of course. Everyone with powers does."

"Well, I meant that I kind of lived with her. She adopted me. I just didn't realize that she was so evil."

"Of course she's evil! She's a fucking bitch!"

"I know."

"You'll have time to mope about that later. We have to get started on seeing what powers you have if we want to get out of here anytime soon."

The next couple of days were spent testing to see what various powers I had. We tried seeing if I could see Zane. Nope. I so didn't have the ability to see in the dark. We tried to see if I could have heard what was going on above us. I couldn't hear a single thing, ruling out supersonic hearing. I tried bending the metal rods in front of me and the cement walls on the side. That only ended with me breaking my hands.

Luckily I healed fast, like almost instantly. Zane thought that I might just be a healer. One who can heal quickly and heal others. But I wasn't willing to accept that as my only power. I felt that there should be something more, like I was destined to be something greater.

I began to pull all my knowledge of all the supernatural books I had read. Persuasion I was no better at it, than I normally was. I was no faster than I was normally when I ran. I couldn't disappear or shapeshift. Just as I was giving up hope, I totally remembered the elements from The House of Night.

I decided to test that theory out. I tried making it super windy. Success! I tried making it really hot. More success! I then tried to make a pool of water. Third success! I tried seeing if the dirt floor would grow a baby tree. Fourth success! For the last one, spirit I simply tapped into Zane's emotions. I was five for five! I was a healer and a controller of the elements!

"I figured it out!" I exclaimed joyously.

"Figured what out?" said a grumpy Zane.

"My powers of course! I can control the elements, and I am a healer. I can even heal by just thinking about healing someone. That's why the cut on your hand is healed."

"How did you know about that?"

"I might have tapped into your emotions to see if I had a power for spirit. I didn't want to pry so I just felt your pain and healed it."

"Thanks. But that doesn't solve how we are going to get out of here..."

"Yeah it does. I use my super cool earth powers, and I create a tunnel from your cell to my cell and then from my cell out. When we leave, I can collapse and cover the tunnels."

"Sounds like a plan. When do you want to try it?"

"She normally goes to bed around 10. So around 1?"

"And how will we know the time? There's no clock."

"Because she forgot to take something away. My handy dandy cell phone."

"One it is. Goodnight until then."

"Goodnight."

Chapter 2

It felt like I had only been asleep, when I heard a beeping sound. Barely awake, I started to lean over and turn it off. As I rolled over, I felt the cold, hard, damp ground. Everything then came to me in a rush. Not wanting to wake up Karen I tried shouting at Zane in my mind. Surprisingly it worked.

"Huh? What?" He asked groggily.

"Shh," I said in my mind.

"How can I hear you if you're not in my head? How are we even communicating?"

Zane sounded confused.

"I don't know, but that's the least of worries right now. Stand aside so that I can begin working on the tunnels. Put an x in the dirt somewhere so I can focus on that as construct some badass tunnels."

As soon as he made the x, I felt it. Focusing on that x, I began imagining a hole being dug. I imagined that hole getting deeper and wider. Wide enough for someone of Zane's size, (which I was assuming was somewhere around 6 feet and was really muscular) to fit through.

Thinking the whole was big enough I paused my work.

"Can you fit in the hole?" I directed my thoughts to Zane.

"Yeah. It's a tight squeeze but yeah," he said silently answering my question.

Sighing, I got to work on the tunnel part. I dug the hole much deeper and imagined a little mole in the tunnel. I imagined this little mole clawing his way into my cell. As he clawed, he tore off huge chunks of dirt and pushed them to the side. He clawed all around the tunnel, tops and sides. I imagined this poor tired mole finally making it to my cell. Before he could get out though he had to dig another hole and to escape another tunnel. I imagined the mole pushing and clawing his way up and out of his tunnel. He clawed and clawed until he was finally free, but his work wasn't yet done. The little mole climbed back into his tunnel and created more of the tunnel out underneath the cement walls. The poor mole clawed his way to freedom. After all the imagining and all the work I was exhausted. I wanted to take a 5-hour nap, but I knew we didn't have time for that.

I didn't even have time to call out for Zane. He was here in my cell before I could say boo. Man the site of him definitely woke me the hell up. He was (as I thought) 6 feet with the muscles of a God. He had a lighter shade of brown hair and the best pair of sky blue eyes. I felt like I could get lost in them. He had a great smile, revealing perfectly white, straight teeth. Zane was wearing a pair of manly skinny jeans and a white shirt that showed off all his upper body muscle. I felt shabby next to him wearing a pair of shorts and a tank top.

"Are you going to stare at me all day or can we leave?" he whispered.

"Yeah. Let's do this thing."

"Ladies first," he smirked.

We went in the tunnel and crawled to our escape. The air felt good on my face as we ran to safety.

Published 
Written by Jasymnne
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments