last reply
280 replies
17.2k views
15 watchers
50 likes
Primus Omnium
0 likes

Quote by chrisadmin

I've re-synced the badges, can you let me know if they're correct.

I now have the Omnium badge (which was replaced by the Plenary badge to disassociate the two sites) and that looks right. It is hard to say what else may be incorrect. I think instead of the Forum Guru badge it should be the Forum Myriad. Also, I had the correct number of Recommended Reads shown with 15. Now the number is cleared out. It would be helpful to simply see a page or two of the badges available, if that information has not been discarded. Then one could really tell what one has and what one should have. Thanks for all the trouble, Chris.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by Survivor
Also, I had the correct number of Recommended Reads shown with 15. Now the number is cleared out.

Same with mine. Was incorrect to start (see above), now the number is gone as if I only have one.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

0 likes

I never had an RR, so I guess the number is right.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Quote by AaronArcher

I wouldn't worry. They don't actually do anything.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by Verity

Quote by AaronArcher

I wouldn't worry. They don't actually do anything.

They're nice for bragging rights, I guess. And when I'm posting about my writing elsewhere, saying "A Stories Space Recommended Read" sounds impressive.😋

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

Quote by Molly

Quote by AnnaMayZing

I raised a ticket regarding the lack of email notifications some two months ago. Now there are no email notifications for anything. Not for story comments, new stories from those I follow, not even for direct messages. I feel that this is a very important problem and likely to be detrimental to the site.

I'm getting email notifications for messages sent to me so I was not aware of this. I'll ask about that too.

When my latest chapter was verified, Yas send the usual message but I didn't get the email notification, so I am assuming that no DMs are being notified. Story comments don't get email notifications either. They used to, but not anymore. I haven't had an email notification from SS since 15th Nov.

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-nurses.aspx

However, since this story is now available in paperback, only the first few chapters remain. Buy at:

https://www.vbay.info/thenurses

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Primus Omnium
0 likes

This afternoon I find the "Profile Search" (the little magnifying glass at the top of the page) does not give me any results when I try to use it. I have tried using various criteria with no luck.

Administration
0 likes

Quote by Survivor

This afternoon I find the "Profile Search" (the little magnifying glass at the top of the page) does not give me any results when I try to use it. I have tried using various criteria with no luck.

I'll let them know. It's not working for me either.

Story Moderator
0 likes

Quote by Molly

Quote by Survivor

I'll let them know. It's not working for me either.

It's not working on the other site either.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I have marked a few authors to be followed but find their stories have appeared without me being notified. Temporary lapse?

Concluding chapter (16) of THE HIGH AND THE HUMBLE in situ.

Administration
0 likes

Quote by redwriter

I have marked a few authors to be followed but find their stories have appeared without me being notified. Temporary lapse?

Unfortunately, it is. This and notifications, in general, are something the tech team is working on.

Magnificent Bastard
0 likes

I’m currently at Denny’s with my kids eating my greasy, salt-lick of a FREE Grand Slam breakfast. Yes, today is my birthday. Has nothing to do with the SS update. Possibly also a temporary lapse. 🤣🤣🤣

Iconoclastically incorrigible or just a silly dumb ass...
Administration
0 likes

Quote by Ping

I’m currently at Denny’s with my kids eating my greasy, salt-lick of a FREE Grand Slam breakfast. Yes, today is my birthday. Has nothing to do with the SS update. Possibly also a temporary lapse. 🤣🤣🤣

Definitely a temporary lapse. Happy birthday, Ping! 🎁🎂

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by Ping
I’m currently at Denny’s with my kids eating my greasy, salt-lick of a FREE Grand Slam breakfast. Yes, today is my birthday.

You may regret letting that slip. 😈

On topic, I am sure there was some glitch or other that I meant to ask about but it escapes me right now. And it might have been across the street.😉

On a positive note, I am finding the login glitches are largely gone now. If I do get logged out, I get back in easily on the first try but most of the time, "remember me" is working.

0 likes

I have the settings so my profile shows when I am not logged in. And it used to show my profile when I am not online and now it doesn't. It's no biggie. Just kind of strange.But it would be nice to see my profile and stories incase someone else would like to see it. Thanks.

0 likes

It seems as though the active members list never changes. Is it a bug or a glitch as well?

Chasing Dragons
0 likes

Can we not have the friends birthday notifications on here? I really miss that.

If anyone wishes to find the beginning of this epic saga, here it is:
https://www.storiesspace.com/stories/drama/the-nurses.aspx

However, since this story is now available in paperback, only the first few chapters remain. Buy at:

https://www.vbay.info/thenurses

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Administration
0 likes

Quote by Sugarcube

It seems as though the active members list never changes. Is it a bug or a glitch as well?

I think it is only due to the site not being quite as active as it once was. We are hopeful that will change.

Administration
0 likes

Quote by AnnaMayZing

Can we not have the friends birthday notifications on here? I really miss that.

I miss that as well and yeah, it is on our list. I'm awful at remembering birthdays.

0 likes

Quote by Molly

Quote by Sugarcube

I think it is only due to the site not being quite as active as it once was. We are hopeful that will change.

Thank you for letting me know. 😇

Magnificent Bastard
0 likes

Howdy! I just tried to copy and paste text from my iPhone notes to a forum thread and the system won’t allow me to do so. I tried three different threads.

Is this a known issue? Is this issue on the list?

Iconoclastically incorrigible or just a silly dumb ass...
Crazy old ape
0 likes

Given those temps, nice HOT coffee is brewed, HOT tea is in the pots (Earl Grey and Peach today), HOT water is in the kettle for hot chocolate or other steamy beverages

From one of my posts in Inspirations. Clipboard works on my Samsung Galaxy. (Android 11 w. Chrome). I know from work with Xenforo that iPhones sometimes have issues where droids do not, and vice versa.

0 likes

I'm pretty sure I've seen the group page say Ringer's group but with an sw instead of an r. (The page for all groups, not the writing group.)

Administration
0 likes

Quote by Sugarcube

I'm pretty sure I've seen the group page say Ringer's group but with an sw instead of an r. (The page for all groups, not the writing group.)

That was a bit of shock when I first saw it. The techs have been made aware so hopefully, that'll go away soon.

Administration
0 likes

Quote by Violet_the_Verbose

I just joined a group I was invited to on here, but it says I need to upgrade to view the posts. This happen to the others in the group, too? I don't want to send a report if it's already a known issue.

I don't think it's been an issue on this site yet. Could you please raise a ticket for this?

0 likes

Quote by Molly

Quote by Sugarcube

That was a bit of shock when I first saw it. The techs have been made aware so hopefully, that'll go away soon.

No worries.Thank you, Molly.

0 likes

So members who were here before the site changed have walls for posts and I don't seem to have one. Am I missing something?