A Different Kind of Challenge

last reply
13 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Administration
0 likes
Hey everyone! Just as the title suggests, I wanted to set up a different kind of challenge for everyone.

I am asking you to set a goal to read at least one story, poem, musing, etc a day. At least one.

Not only read it but take a moment to score and comment. We all love to see a new score and a comment on our writing so why not challenge yourself to do that for your fellow writers?

I know for me, commenting can sometimes be stressful. Not because the piece wasn't good, but I tend to over analyze my comments. I think it's not good enough or it sounds weird, but you know what? It doesn't have to an award-winning comment or even very long. A simple, This was great or I liked this, is a worthy comment.

Perhaps if we all did one a day it would remind us why we enjoy writing and perhaps encourage us to write more.

Thanks!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Molly
Hey everyone! Just as the title suggests, I wanted to set up a different kind of challenge for everyone.

I am asking you to set a goal to read at least one story, poem, musing, etc a day. At least one.

Not only read it but take a moment to score and comment. We all love to see a new score and a comment on our writing so why not challenge yourself to do that for your fellow writers?

I know for me, commenting can sometimes be stressful. Not because the piece wasn't good, but I tend to over analyze my comments. I think it's not good enough or it sounds weird, but you know what? It doesn't have to an award-winning comment or even very long. A simple, This was great or I liked this, is a worthy comment.

Perhaps if we all did one a day it would remind us why we enjoy writing and perhaps encourage us to write more.

Thanks!

That is a good idea.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
This is a nice challenge for sure. I should say that I just checked back and over the past month's time I have read and voted on 26 stories and poems. Not quite averaging one per day but close. I'll surely try to do better.
Administration
0 likes
Quote by Survivor
This is a nice challenge for sure. I should say that I just checked back and over the past month's time I have read and voted on 26 stories and poems. Not quite averaging one per day but close. I'll surely try to do better.

You are on the ball with commenting and voting. It's pretty impressive. Thank you for the encouragement you give to your fellow writers!

I will admit I don't do it as often as I should and I am trying to change that.

Quote by DenimAngel
This is a great idea!

Thank you! I hope more people will take this challenge.
Lurker
0 likes
I've been binging lately, but smile that I have been participating in a challenge and did not even know it. My rookie status is slowly advancing too. Thanks Molly.
0 likes
Quote by Molly

Thanks!

Every day? No can do, but I've been catching up a bit recently. There's some great writing on here
Primus Omnium
0 likes
I just checked back for the past month and I have read and scored 42 stories and poems here on our site. Is that meeting your challenge, Molly? I hope to do better in the coming months. Enjoy the reading dear Inspirators.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Survivor
I just checked back for the past month and I have read and scored 42 stories and poems here on our site. Is that meeting your challenge, Molly? I hope to do better in the coming months. Enjoy the reading dear Inspirators.

We should all strive to do as well as Larry. I can not usually read every day, so my reading is often several days after the story available. I try to save reading for my good days so that I do not screwup the writers' thoughts and ideas.
You can't get there from here, because when you get there you're still here and here is now there.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
Quote by rolandlytle
Quote by Survivor

We should all strive to do as well as Larry. I can not usually read every day, so my reading is often several days after the story available. I try to save reading for my good days so that I do not screwup the writers' thoughts and ideas.

I'll tell you what, Roland, I find that any kind of recognition you are ready to give to writers is usually gratefully accepted. Oh, and it is utterly pleasing to see so many good days coming from you now, dear Sir. That is so great.

*HUGS*
Primus Omnium
0 likes
From May 21st until today, June 23rd, I have read, voted on, and commented on 24 stories and poems. I still accept the challenge that Molly presented to us.

Edit: that was out of 28 stories not my own. Another way of looking at it is I only missed 4 stories.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I seem to have failed in my commitment to myself to read a story a day. I seem to read in several a day. I am so glad to be reminded of this and certainly plan to do better. And may I repeat what Larry said to Roland - every word from him is a treasure and cheers my day.
Primus Omnium
0 likes
On our site's front page there are 23 stories/poems. I have read all of them. I have commented on 20 of them. I have scored 21 of them. One of them was my sonnet so I did not comment or score it. I am trying to keep up.

Have fun, dear Inspirators.

0 likes

If anyone would be interested in a ghost/mystery collaboration, give me a shout.