Find your next favourite story now
Login

Inspirations, the Stories Space Coffee House: If you're reading this it just might mean I'm back, sorta. If you're not reading this, well, congratulations.

last reply
9.2k replies
405k views
17 watchers
936 likes
Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Quote by Mendalla

Blue Rodeo (country-rock or alt-country depending how you call it) would be another, I think, though they might had some success stateside. I forget.

This was from Rodeo's very successful debut album, Outskirts. That album also gave us "Try", which I think still remains their biggest hit.

Hey, I know Blue Rodeo from the Austin alt.country scene (or y'allternative, as I like to call it). They did a show for a radio station there, I have a CD from it somewhere. Maybe I'll find it looking for my NYC head shot.

Any of you Cunucks know Great Big Sea? Good band!

Errand day. Breakfast out, shopping and gas and such, then home to watch good bad television and avoid the news and my fears. deletes long political diatribe We're gonna try to binge The Shrink Next Door. Prolly throw a horror movie in there too. And tomorrow...Thanksgiving grocery shopping. Yikes!

A coffee and a democracy shaped cookie please. I'd like to be reminded what it looks like.

Teeth of the Sky - Myths and Monsters competition, first place

Fire and Ice - A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words competition, first place

Monster - Survivor competition, first place

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by verbal
Any of you Cunucks know Great Big Sea? Good band!

Good? Hell, one of the best Canadian bands of my lifetime. Sadly, they called it a day a few years ago. Apparently lead singer Alan Doyle is going to be doing a musical in his native St. John's, Newfoundland. He has been touring solo and has done a solo album or two since the band quit.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes

Hi peeps smile

Yesterday was a super busy afternoon. I helped a local business with their grand opening which was fun but oh my goodness it kicked my butt. Haven't worked that hard in a long time . Business was booming.But it's good to have a local butcher shop in town.

I think I'm be lazy today ..I'm definitely staying away from the news it's crazy but what do you expect now a days .silly

Moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top

Now on to cookies :

In Big Bird : pumpkin snickerdoodles, apple cinnamon whippersnappers,blueberry shortbread,and pecan divines

In Cookie Monster: pumpkin snickerdoodles, ginger snaps, butterscotch marshmallow cookies and banana shortbread

In Elmo: cherry shortbread, flourless fudge cookies, oatmeal cranberry and mocha white chocolate supremes

Giving the adorable critters fresh water and treats

Stay safe everyone :)

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Apple cinnamon whippersnappers? I'm in.

And having a proper butcher shop is so important. All the Asian grocery stores here have one along with a fish/seafood market. We often get them to cut stuff to order.

A mighty warrior meets an unusual challenger. The Last Challenge of Jadek Prynn.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Sunday. Time for us all to go to the Church of Holy Inspirations and partake in our communion of coffee and cookies. 😋Coffee pot is full, tea pot has some English Breakfast in it, hot water is out for other hot beverages and snacks.

And since verbs and I were discussing them, here's some rousing GBS to kick off your week.

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes

Hi everyone:waves:

Quiet in here ...cue the crickets. ..

Spent a chunk of my morning herding kittens. Thank goodness they love story time .they wore me out I was so ready for a nap when I got home .

Peeking in the cookie jars worship yay we are in good shape

Stay safe everyonesilly

0 likes

Long day here. Lady Jay and I got our booster shots yesterday. I was fine this morning and did a bunch of stuff, but it's catching up to me. I'd like some Red Rose, please, in a clean mug, and a couple of gluten-free cookies!

Thanks!

Addicted to words, read and written.

Latest in the Bear & Girl story arc: Girl, Not Frog

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Good morning coffeeshop!

Urg. Still trying to wake up. Gotta get this sluggish brain in gear. These stupid words aren't gonna write themselves.

Shopping for Thanksgiving dinner is done. I am an old hand at making a Thanksgiving dinner, though this will be the first one at Talia's house. Standard menu: turkey, dressing, two kinds o taters, gravy, corn, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, cheesecake sopapilla for dessert. Talia is making those last two items, daughter is making the casserole, I'm doing everything else. Beginning with the Traditional Brining of the Turkey in the Cat Litter Bucket. Who said traditions are dead?

Okay, someone help this tired old brain and gimme some coffee. A six toed cat shaped cookie would be marvelous.

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes

Hi peepswave

A beautiful day here.

A large iced coffee sounds good.

Moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top

Jeff I had to giggle at the visual of the turkey being brined in the cat litter bucket .

I have fun sugar cookies today (diabetic friendly and gluten free friendly)

Today's shapes : cats with six toes, paw prints, dogs, rabbits , chickens ,pigs and cow cookies

Stay safe everyone! smile

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Okay, folks. The weeks wears on. Sorry I was AWOL yesterday. Just busy and tired (wasn't sleeping well for a couple nights).

I have some coffee brewing and there's some Red Rose in the pretty teapot. Hot water is in a nice, insulated urn for those what need it.

Taking one last crack at removing my stump today (a tree I cut down like a year ago). My cable connection is at risk so if I go missing, fear not. My phone does have a hotspot.😉

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Late afternoon here, dark, cold but the sun has shone all day at its winter low level to make driving very tricky.

No blindness now though for me, picked up new specs to balance the effects of a cataract. Can actually read newsprint for the first time for years.

Is there a hot chocolate and any kind of shortbread, please?

Concluding chapter (16) of THE HIGH AND THE HUMBLE in situ.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by redwriter
Is there a hot chocolate and any kind of shortbread, please?

Hot water and instant for the former (with mini marshmallows on the side). For shortbreads, check the cookie jars and backup cans. Sara's got all kinds of stuff around.

Quote by redwriter
No blindness now though for me, picked up new specs to balance the effects of a cataract. Can actually read newsprint for the first time for years.

So I have two options for my cataract. Publicly funded means waiting until next summer (yes, really). Or I can pay the whole shot myself and go to a laser eye clinic just up the road from me. I am favouring the latter because they also have some really nice, newly approved IoLs to choose from and they can take me pretty much any time. Just need to harmonize with my calendar.

Pouring a fresh pot of tea along with Red's hot chocolate.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Yum, six toed cat shaped cookies! Thanks Sara!

Same ol, same ol. A gloriously sunny day that is going to turn to cold rain and snow this afternoon.

A writing trick I am learning keeps me on track: WRITE DOWN THE FRIKKIN PLOT! I should never be asking myself "what happens next?" That road leads to bullsh!t-y writing (for me, your mileage may vary). Consult the plot synopsis and write what is SUPPOSED to happen next. It's taking care of some of my more self-indulgent habits. Heh.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Coffee and sixty six-toed cat cookies! Or one sixty-six toed car cookie.

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes

Hi peeps smile

A large hot chocolate with a double handful of mini marshmallows sounds good .

Cloudy and gloomy here. Not much going on here today. Shaping up to be a Scooby Doo kind of day !

Scott gotta keep lots of cookies on hand around here for people so it requires lots cookie tins

I found a TURKEY cookie jar !

Redwriter the shortbread cookies are in the tin with the Christmas puppies on it :)

Jeff remember to keep the Snow in your neck of the woods.

Peeking in the cookie jars we are in good shape .Fresh cookies tomorrow worship

Giving the adorable critters fresh water and treats*

Stay safe everyonesilly

0 likes

I love sugar cookies, but I hardly ever find gluten-free ones!

I'll take three, along with some Red Rose, tea, please. And thanks, Sara & Mandella!

Magnificent Bastard
0 likes

It’s been thirty years. I can’t believe it. Today is the thirtieth anniversary of Freddie Mercury’s passing. I truly miss that man and THAT voice.

Ring your bicycle bells if you’ve got ‘em.

Iconoclastically incorrigible or just a silly dumb ass...
Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by Ping

It’s been thirty years. I can’t believe it. Today is the thirtieth anniversary of Freddie Mercury’s passing. I truly miss that man and THAT voice.

Ring your bicycle bells if you’ve got ‘em.

Yikes. Was it '91? Feels more recent for some reason. Incredible talent that produced some of the defining songs of my youth. Not to mention the wonderful soundtracks for Highlander and Flash Gordon, cases where the soundtrack exceeded the quality of the film and made the movie better.

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes

Hi peeps

worship happy TURKEY DAY EVE!

Got love all the prep work that goes into Thanksgiving... I'm taking cookies to the Thanksgiving feast smile but helping with peeling potatoes and making the veggie tray to nibbles on

A large hot chocolate with a splash of coffee would be great.

I do have fresh cookies!*moving the old cookies to the emergency cookie tins behind the counter and filling the cookie jars to the tippy top*

In Big Bird we have : white chocolate pumpkin cookies, pecan divines, blueberry shortbread cookies and banana cookies

In Cookie Monster we have white chocolate pumpkin cookies, ginger snaps, butterscotch marshmallow cookies and strawberry shortbread

In Elmo we have : white chocolate pumpkin cookies, mocha fudge cookies, oatmeal-cranberry and cherry shortbread cookies

Stay safe everyone! :)

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

My favorite holiday: good food and togetherness and traditions, without all the presents and drama of Christmas. Making stuffing today, brining the turko tonight. Hope the coyote doesn't get to it when I set it outside. I'm gonna station the cats to guard it. They don't do enough work around here.

Writing a newsletter today, so no novel progress again til Friday.

Coffee and a cookie in the shape of gratitude.

Crazy old ape
0 likes

Quote by verbal
I'm gonna station the cats to guard it. They don't do enough work around here.

Come on, you're in 'Murrica. Shoot the bugger.🙄 Poor cats don't deserve to become coyote chow.

Yeah, I know, Canadian stereotype of gun-totin' Yanks. I blame it on the War of 1812. One bunch of Americans with guns spoiled it for the rest of you.😲

Anyhow, hope you all have a great Thanksgiving. Should be a little better than last year at least.

Magnificent Bastard
0 likes

Quote by verbal

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

My favorite holiday: good food and togetherness and traditions, without all the presents and drama of Christmas. Making stuffing today, brining the turko tonight. Hope the coyote doesn't get to it when I set it outside. I'm gonna station the cats to guard it. They don't do enough work around here.

Writing a newsletter today, so no novel progress again til Friday.

Coffee and a cookie in the shape of gratitude.

I saw a guy beat the hell out of a coyote that tried to take one of his dogs from his urban, residential front yard. The coyote grabbed the dog just before the guy reached his dog. He pounced on both canids, startling the coyote. It released the dog and the guy repeatedly punched the coyote in the head. The video then ended. I’m assuming they ate coyote burgers that night. The video reminded me of the Aussie dude that got into a fist fight with a kangaroo after the roo grabbed and held the guy’s dog.

The other night, two coyotes stalked us while we walked our dogs. All safely got home. I’ve often wondered how I’d react if a coyote tried to take one of ours. We would first pick up our digs if the coyotes got too close. We’d then get to the nearest home and ring their doorbell, hoping they’d let us in, especially if the coyotes still followed us. That’s the safety plan. However, I get the feeling if the dogs were being carried by others, and the coyote still approached and/or stalked and definitely if it/they attacked, things would be handled differently.

I’d go for it’s tail and swing that predatory bastard like an Olympic hammer thrower before I either released it into the air or slammed it head first into a fence post, tree trunk, or concrete sidewalk. Yah, it’s not a vision or thought I enjoy, but it visits me every time I walk the dogs. Purposeful preservation, I suppose.

Something strong to tend to this delusional white dad saviour complex, please. Hazelnut coffee with a Metamucil chaser, perhaps? 😜

Crazy old ape
0 likes

What is this? So quiet. Everyone must off celebrating American Turkey Day.

Just in case, though, I'll put on some coffee, hazelnut for Ping (actually, that's one of the few coffees I can drink). Tea is Scottish Breakfast. Hot water is on standby for hot chocolate or other teas.

Kaiju-adjacent
0 likes

I watched a coyote rip apart a squirrel about ten yards away from my head (we were on opposite sides of a window). I like coyotes, but I respect their animal instincts. Be careful Ping and Ping’s dogs and kids.

Fairly chill T Day. Frankly, I’ve done turkey dinner so many times it’s easy and nearly foolproof (despite my own foolish nature) by now. Small group at the table, so a slimmed down menu. Here’s a first: Talia makes a homemade cranberry sauce I actually like.

I have a friend helping pilot Boss Baby at the Macy’s parade this year!

Lots to be thankful for in this land of plenty. It’s only fitting to devote the day to it. Enjoy the holiday and the long weekend everyone!

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes

Hi peeps

A happy Thanksgiving to all ! smile

A large iced coffee is needed.

Hope everyone is having a great day

Not a lot going on here a pretty chill day with good food and FOOTBALL!

So many things to be thankful for: good health, family , friends, freedoms, home , church .

I HAVE THANKSGIVING THEMED SUGAR COOKIES! pilgrim boys, pilgrim girls,turkeys, pumpkin pie slices,fall leaves and a square cookies that say give thanks with a grateful heart

sitting the turkey cookie jar on the counter next to the line of Sesame Street

Filling the cookie jar with the cookies and leaving a platter of cookies on the counter

Be safe everyone!heart

0 likes

Happy Turkey-day to all my American friends! Hope you have a lovely time with your relatives – if that's not an oxymoron!

I brought along some turkey cookies and cupcakes for the festivities. Found then lying around on a bar somewhere, and thought you all might like them!

I'll have some Earl Grey, hot, please, and a couple of gluten-free cookies – thanks, Sara!

👑Magic Cookie FAIRY 🍪
0 likes

Quote by JamesPBear

Happy Turkey-day to all my American friends! Hope you have a lovely time with your relatives – if that's not an oxymoron!

I brought along some turkey cookies and cupcakes for the festivities. Found then lying around on a bar somewhere, and thought you all might like them!

I'll have some Earl Grey, hot, please, and a couple of gluten-free cookies – thanks, Sara!

Those cookies and cuppycakes are ADORABLE!

Magnificent Bastard
0 likes

Quote by verbal

Fairly chill T Day. Frankly, I’ve done turkey dinner so many times it’s easy and nearly foolproof (despite my own foolish nature) by now. Small group at the table, so a slimmed down menu. Here’s a first: Talia makes a homemade cranberry sauce I actually like.

Verbs & Talia’s new Thanksgiving tradition. Cranberry Sauce is code for poultry cosplay.