Find your next favourite story now
Login

Children's Stories

Our children’s category focuses on stories suitable for readers up to the age of twelve and includes picture books, fantasy themes, fairy tales and historical fiction.

The target audience may be early readers (ages 5-7) where the language used is fairly simple, or older children (ages 7-12) where stories consist of several short chapters.

Anonymous

Granny's Stories

Short, easy stories to read for those who have trouble reading

Up and Down The blue sky is up. The brown ground is down. The sun is up in the blue sky. The green grass is down in the ground. The moon is up in the dark sky. The yellow flower is down in the ground. Look up! Look down!   Hole in Her Pants Dora has a hol...

Skywriters Prologue

the beginning of a very old story of mine

The ship sank.It wasn't like it is in the movies. There were no fancy explosions or any of that out of control pomp and circumstance. After three days at sea, it simply slid beneath the glassy surface of the water like a retreating shadow at dawn. There w...

A Grand Day For Mr. Rabbit

A grand story of friends jammimg.

Mr. Rabbit had had a very tiring week, harvesting his bountiful garden. Now that that was done he was exhausted and in need of some quiet relaxation. And who better to spend a quiet day with, he thought, than with his good friend, Mr. Turtle. “Yes, a nice...

Promese

You never know who is listening

Years ago I wrote a story in my college class called #Promese# It is pronounced like Promise but with the "e" sound. Story Promese lived in a high-rise apartment in New York overlooking a neighborhood of tall buildings filled with broken glass in the stre...

There once was a little lizard who grew up to be quite a wizard. Lizzie was her name, for that her mom was to blame. Now Lizzy was the type who just loved to complain and gripe. When things didn’t turn out, she was inclined to pout. And even when things w...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Maude and the Mice by kscorn080 (pete)

Farmer's wife has mice for friends.

Maude and the Mice by kscorn080 (pete) The sun was going down and the woods were turning dark as John climbed down off his big green John Deere tractor. He smells the fresh meatloaf that Maude had promised she would fix today. He walks in through the side...

The Great Muffet Caper

Jack Vine PI cases

From The Files Of Jack Vine A Jack And The Giant P I Case File The Great Muffet Caper “Little Miss Muffet sat on her tuffet eating her curds and whey. When along came a spider who sat down beside her and frightened Miss Muffet away.” I’m Jack, I’m a priva...

From The Files Of Jack Vine A Jack And The Giant P I Case File Case Of The Missing Candlestick Maker “Jack be nimble Jack be quick, Jack jumped over the candle stick.” It had been a couple months since Tiny and me cracked the caper of The Lost Little Lamb...

Gator Tales

A short story on friendship.

My name is Kodi, Kodi Gator. My dad tells me I’m a junior, but being's his name is Big Mike, I’m pretty sure it’s just a thing with him. Maybe someday I’ll look into that, but not today. Today, you see, is my birthday, and I finally get to go off on my ow...

The Gingerbread House Caper

Fairy-tales, in the Jack Vine case books

From The Files  Of Jack And The Giant Private Investigators Case 17: The Gingerbread House Caper Beep! Beep! Beep! My eyes opened grudgingly to the sound of the annoying alarm clock. It was one of those windup ones manufactured in China by cheap labor ear...