Find your next favourite story now
Login

Crime Stories

Crime fiction consists mainly of criminals and their motives, police detectives and their investigations.

Villains may range from petty thieves to serial killers, leading police on a series of twists and turns before their ultimate capture or demise.

These stories often focus on a lead detective pitting his or her wits against a shrewd villain.

Dedicated to Anthony Chansa, challenge accepted!“Please don’t rattle any feathers with this one Maria,” I begged. Maria Sposcic was generally thought of as the best detective in the department. Unfortunately for the large majority of bureaucrats on the fo...

Legend Of The House.

The legend of the house was a tale told by local youth to scare their peers.

The bloody handprint on the window- calling card of the wicked. Of the sick. Entering the house, he could see straight away that there had been trouble in the hallway, which was the first thing one saw when they entered the house. Long abandoned was the h...

Anonymous

The many lives of Casey L. Miller

Case 4: The unhappy couple

Personal note to the readers, this story is not for the weak of heart to read for the content of this story. By choosing to read it, you agree that you are over eighteen and mature enough to handle the content of this story, thank you. 1:15am Logan jolted...

Buried pleasure

In the pursuit of morbid pleasure, Barbara takes things a little too far.

It was perhaps the death of a national figure that caused her obsession. A nation in mourning had entwined itself into her psyche, rather like that of a fixation on a particular television series, or a person. Unknown to her, or rather not acknowledged, l...

Anderson Roberts

The story of a sadist mind as he plays with the mind of New York's best agent

Dream: Why you didn’t save me Robert; But I tried; You could have saved me, You could have saved me, It your fault that I am de….. Huh! Damn nightmares are back, (Alison) ‘what wrong hunny’ nothing am good just a lot on my mind ‘Tricia’ yea Tricia! Tricia...

Anonymous

The many lives of Casey L. Miller

Case three: the Child Prodigy

Personal note to the readers, this story is not for the weak of heart to read for the content of this story. By choosing to read it, you agree that you are over eighteen and mature enough to handle the content of this story, thank you. 11:49pm 'Casey Mill...

Anonymous

Personal note to the readers, this story is not for the weak of heart to read for the content of this story. By choosing to read it, you agree that you are over eighteen and mature enough to handle the content of this story, thank you. 10:03pm Logan liste...

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

After my initial reply, Adam and I sit across the desk from Boss and wait for her to start in on me with questions. She sits for a little while, quiet, making me nervous. I just want to get this over with, but I know that's not how it works. We'll talk at...

Divine Justice

Sometimes crime doesn't pay!

Arthur lived on his own, in the same council flat he had brought his bride home to 51 years ago. Where they had raised three kids and seen them fly from the nest out into the world. It was also where he had held his Irene as she breathed her last breath i...

Tomorrow: Chapter Fourteen

Philena has a flashback disguised as a dream...

"Mommy! Mommy, I have to go potty." I tug on Mommy's summer dress and she looks down and smiles. It is a tired smile, but she grabs my hand and starts towards the women's restroom. He stops her, kissing her softly. "You look tired, dear. Go sit down, I'll...

My arms are white with self-wrapped bandages from my wrists up to my elbows. I have a large tank-top on underneath a long-sleeved jacket. Can't exactly wear it the whole day--it's supposed to be in the 80s today. Funny, summer doesn't start for two weeks-...

"Be awake early tomorrow morning, 'Lena."I shiver and curl up farther into my covers. I don't know what he has in store for me. He's never up earlier than he has to be, which is usually around the time I get home. It's Spring now. I turn eighteen in anoth...

An Accidental Killer

Just because I'm a mercenary, doesn't make me a bad man.

I suppose you want to know my name. Fine, I’ll tell you. I’m Nick. My full name is Nicholas Michael McMasterson. Now that you know that, stop smirking and just listen to my story. It isn’t spectacular, it isn’t sexy, nor is it really that exciting, but it...

The Angel of Zero City: Parts 1 - 4

An urban-fantasy novella. It is an untold story related to its parent book: The Gauntlet of Maltese.

Part 1: Joseph Black The scent of gunpowder and rain lingered in the darkened room. A broken window, a busted TV, and five bodies all met the detective at the scene, an apartment in Hell—a place that cops didn’t go to anymore. The call came from a neighbo...