Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Michelle I

"Michelle tries to get out of the house"

1
0 Comments 0
1.0k Views 1.0k
867 words 867 words
This is my first time and comments are allowed.

I just had my breakfast and was leaving the table when the butler walked up to me. “Good morning ma, will you be going for your daily walk today?” he asked.

“Yes, I will” I replied.

“Then I will alert the driver.”

“No Stephen, I’ll be going alone.”

“But ma your...”

“Hold it there.”

“The last time this happened you ended up in the hospital and you know what your dad will say,” he said quickly, so I will not interrupt him

“Let me deal with dad myself.”

“But you heard what he said the last time.”

“I will deal with it.” I said almost annoyed and walked out of the room.

As I walked up the stair to my room I recalled the day I had gone out alone. I had been ill for some days and wanted to go for a walk in the city, this was my first time out alone. I usually went with my friends, but they had gone to Melbourne for the Australian open, Lisa and Claire are fans of Tennis. I decided to take the walk so I can explore the city by myself and not to be trapped in a car and having to look out the window.

It went well at first but as I reached the main street in the city a man walked up to me and asked if I was Michelle Richard. I said yes and then the man shouted for his friends to come over and in no time I was crowded with people asking different questions at the same time. I got dizzy and fainted, with that the people took to their heels and the man rushed me to the hospital. My parents were called and afterwards my dad ordered the house staffs not to let me out again without supervision. I did not believe it when my dad said it and called my elder brother to talk to my father; he managed to get me pardoned if I don’t repeat it again. I’ve decided to repeat the same thing today but will not disclose my identity to anyone. I got into my room and went to my closet in search of a casual wear, I ended up with a black sleeveless V necked gown. I looked at myself in the full body sized mirror and decided to change the dress. While I was browsing through my clothes I saw a grey jacket and decided to pair it with the black dress, I put on some makeup and brushed my hair. I went back to my closet to check for a shoe and decided to wear a black loafer, as I walked out of my room Stephen ran to me from behind begging me not to go. “Please don’t go ma,” he said.

I stopped to look at him. “Who is the boss here me or you?" I asked in annoyance and kept on walking leaving him with a sad face.

I was some few steps away from the stairs when I heard “Michelle!” Stephen shouted my name which startled me.

“Yes you’re the boss but also my friend and it’s about time you show what a good friend you are.”

“And what is that suppose to mean?” I said .

“What do you ever do for me Michelle” there was a short pause I had nothing to say. “Besides jeopardizing my job” he concluded looking at me. 

“Yeah there are times that I almost got you fired but in the end you were not,” I said trying to look for a way out of the conversation

“It’s not about you almost getting me fired and saving me, it’s about you listening to me for once” he said in a sad tone I sighed and walked closer to him. 

“Stephen you are my best friend and do you know why?" I asked looking at him for an answer “you believe in me and let me do what I want to do and I trust you more than anyone” I concluded.

He looked at me as if what he wanted to say was on my face. “What about Lisa and Claire”?

“Hmm today it’s A.T something, tomorrow it’s Australian ending, the day after tomorrow it’s Federer’s cup” I said quickly “ the truth is they cannot be compared to you because they are just after my money.”

“And how do you know that?”

“The last tennis competition they went for I paid for the trip.”

“That’s because you let them get they’re way around you.”

“But they’re my friends.”

“Its sounds like you pay them to be your friend.”

“Ok lets just put that aside, I need to leave” I said looking at him for permission

“You know what just do what you want and I’ll be fine with it” he said with a sad look on his face and went away.

If I do this he might lose his job and I don’t want to be cooped up in this house all the time. What should I do?

Published 
Written by kenny13
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors