Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
The Pirate: part four

"pirate falls in love with a prince"

1
1 Comment 1
967 Views 967
708 words 708 words
Later on, Julie and me went to the tavern and met up with Tilly. She was still upset about the whole guy agreeing to go with her thing.

"Really Tilly there is nothing wrong with it! I think the thing that is bothering you is that you don't think you look pretty enough!" Said Julie.

It was true, though. Tilly had never seen herself as a pretty girl. But she was. And when Julie had her hand in Tilly's look, well let's just say even I want to try to go for her!

"It's not just that Julie! It's also the fact that I don't have a dress or anything! And I can't wear one of my old raggedy ones!" Tilly had said with a sound that she had come to terms with not going after all.

I only shook my head, "it's more than that too. Tilly is scared to go Jules."

Tilly glared at me, "I AM NOT! I AM NOT SCARED OF ANYTHING!!" she yelled though it didn't affect me.

I shrugged, "it doesn't matter to me, Tilly."

Julie then jumped in, "and anyway Til, I already got you a dress while I was out today! So you are going whether you like it or not!

Tilly sighed and then got up and went to get us more drinks. After a while of being with them and talking about the ball and all I left and went to the inn.

There was a message for me saying that my dress would be ready for pick up tomorrow by noon. I went to my room kicked off my boots and sat on my bed.

I was three. I heard a loud noise in the middle of the night. I went to find out what it was. I was scared. I opened my bedroom door and looked down the hall. It seemed longer tonight than it ever did. I went beck to my bed and grabbed my tattered stuffed bunny and went into the hall. I headed down the stairs slowly and quietly. I heard voices as I was going down. "And you! You will also pay for harboring a filthy low-life pirate!" Said a deep male voice. I peeked my head into the living room. There was a pool of blood with my father's body laying in it. The next thing I saw was a man in the royal guards uniform. He had run a sword through my mother's stomach. I clenched my bunny. I wanted to scream, but my voice was gone.

I awoke with sweat pouring off of me and looked around. I was back in the inn. It was just a nightmare. A bad memory from my past that I would take care of. I looked out the window and saw that the sun was up. It was almost noon. I got up and ready and left the inn and headed into town.

I got to the dress shop and walked in. The woman greeted me with a smile. "Hello. Your dress is ready. Follow me."

She took me into the back room, and there was a beautiful dark green ball gown. It had a beautiful design on the top and was sparkling all over. It had the sleeve straps that just hang off your shoulders. I was stunned. It looked like she had spent hours, if not all night, working on that dress.

She helped me put it on. "Wow! It looks even better on you than I had thought it would!" She said to me. I turned and looked at myself in the mirror. I had to admit I did indeed pull off this dress. I then looked down at my boots that looked ugly with the dress. I guess the lady saw me and said, "hold on for a minute" then she walked out of the room and came back with a pair of beautiful sparkly dress shoes. I put them on in place of my boots. I could hardly believe I was looking at myself in the mirror. I paid for the dress and shoes and left and headed for the shop with the masks and bought one that matched my dress. Now I was ready for the ball.

Published 
Written by medievalvampprincess
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments