Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
The Pirate: Part Three

2
2 Comments 2
1.3k Views 1.3k
798 words 798 words
I opened the door and Tilly came storming in. "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!" She yelled. "WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT?" I looked at her all confused. I wondered what was going on and what time it was. "I JUST DON'T BELIEVE IT MYRA! CAN YOU?" She continued.

"No I can't because I don't even know what it is that I can or can't believe!" I told her a little annoyed at this point.

Tilly looked at me, then she sighed. "OK." She said a little more calmer. "Julie and I were out doing shopping for the party tonight. And there happened to be a guy there at the same store. I was looking... Although we all know how my luck is with guys. It's never gonna happen. Anyway Julie saw me looking and went over to him and told him that I was interested and that I wanted to take him to the ball tonight and do you know what he said? Well do you?" she asked.

"Uhh...He said yes?" I responded to her question.

"HE SAID YES! How does a guy say yes to a girl who he has never even talked to before in his life?" She continued to rant. The rant lasted for ten minutes, then Tilly stormed back out of my room when I pretended that I had dosed off.

After a few minutes of her being gone I got up and got dressed. I had to go out and get the dress and all. I grabbed my bag and made sure I had a few gold pieces with me and I went into town.

As I was walking I looked through all the shops. There was so many things. I could smell the bread baking in the bakery and the pies from the pastry shop. I wanted so badly to stop and get something from them, but I knew I had to save my money for the dress. Finally I got to the dress shop. I stopped at the window and looked in. I saw a woman in there arranging things on the shelves. For a moment I thought about turning around and going back to the Inn, but I didn't. I walked in the shop.

The woman looked at me and said, "Hello miss. How can I help you today?"

I, at first, didn't know what to say. This was my fist time in a dress shop. I finally said, "I am here to buy a dress for the ball."

The woman smiled. "Well you came to the right place. We have all kinds of dresses here. I can even make you a custom-made dress," she told me.

After a while of going though dresses and trying them on, the woman looked at me and said, "You know what? I don't think we have anything here that will suit you so I will just have to make you a dress."

I said to her, "As nice as that is, I don't think I can pay you the money you need to do that." I really just didn't want to spend more money then I had to.

She smiled at me and said, "Not a problem. I will not charge you much."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Of course. It would be my pleasure."

I nodded in agreement and she then took my measurements and wrote them down. I told her that I was staying at the Inn so when she was done she could come and get me. Then I left the shop and started walking. I figured that I would go and see Tilly and Julie so I started walking to the tavern.

Then I heard "Myra! What on earth are you doing here? I didn't think I would see you until later!" I turned and there was Julie waving to me.

I smiled and walked over to her. "Well I figured that since you were gonna be busy with the ball and all we should spend as much time together now before I have to head back to sea." I told her.

"That is a wonderful idea! Tilly is still working, but we can catch up with her later."

"Yah."

Me and Julie walked around town and talked for hours. She told me about the dress she was going to wear at the ball. I then realized that I was gonna need a masquerade mask to go to the ball. There was no way I could get away from my friends without one. As me and Julie walked through town I kept my eyes open in the different shops for a mask that I could buy for the ball. I found one in a shop. I hoped that it would still be there tomorrow.

Published 
Written by medievalvampprincess
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments