Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Full Moon Madness

"I need bodyguards. I find them but with a curious surprise."

6
7 Comments 7
1.4k Views 1.4k
804 words 804 words
I walked into the building looking for a good security company to provide bodyguards for an upcoming visit by the CEO of a very controversial company. The name on the door was Ratz Security. I slowly opened the door, walked into a very busy scene. People scurried around as if with no purpose except to move about.

I walked to a reception area where a tall well-proportioned woman answered phone calls and directed visitors. As I approached, another tall woman greeted me.

"Welcome to Ratz Security. How may we be of service today?" She asked.

"I am in need of a bodyguard detail for a visiting CEO." I replied.

"When and for how long will you need them?" She inquired.

"I need them for 10 days in three weeks." I added.

"Come with me, please." She said and led me down a short hallway to an office.

I looked beyond the office and saw a training area full of sweating, quick moving, massive men and women. They boxed, wrestled, threw knives and fought as if their lives depended on it. All this training activity impressed me. Now I knew these people were very serious about protecting their charges and well prepared to do it.

I sat at the desk in the office and waited for the owner to enter. The woman who guided me earlier left me with a brochure listing services provided and a copy of their standard contract. The brochure and list of services provided impressed me. The contact was a bit strange.

As I started to read the contract, the owner entered the office. He was very tall, well over six feet. His black hair was closely trimmed, military style. His suit was finely tailored made just for him to fit his body. His shoulders and arms were well muscled and bulged but not too much. His waist was narrow but not skinny and his legs oozed power, but with a fluid motion as he walked. He took my hand and firmly shook it, but not crushing it. He had tight control of his muscles and his smile enchanted me. He sat opposite me at the desk.

"I see you have our brochure and standard contract for services. Do you have any questions?" He asked.

"I noticed that the contract states you reserve the right to substitute personnel at specified times each month. Can you tell me why?" I asked.

"We constantly train our people and on a monthly basis we need to make sure they are up to our standards." He replied.

I took his explanation and filed it away for later. We made small talk for a while and I learned more about him and the company. He answered all my questions and offered me a tour of the training area. As we walked around the area, I noticed that every person there was tall and well proportioned, very scary. They appeared to be ex-military.

The owner called two exercising people over to meet me. The pair looked like brother and sister, but they were not the same. They were tall with slender builds but very muscular. The man looked like a body builder, but the woman was beautiful and dangerous. Her body was strong but not overly strong in appearance. She impressed me. Both seemed well disciplined and dedicated to the task. One strange feature I noticed was their eyes. There appeared to be no pupil. Their eyes were black in color and darted around as if surveying their surroundings continuously.

The owner dismissed them and they went back to train more. "They are two of my best bodyguards and as you can see, very well trained." He told me proudly.

I nodded enthusiastically. I wanted those two for my bodyguards. They were perfect. We walked back to the office where I signed the contract for the two bodyguards. The owner came around the desk, shook my hand and welcomed me as a new client. He escorted me back to reception where he turned me over to the woman who met me earlier.

We made an appointment to meet again the week before the contract began. I wanted to make sure things were in place and the two bodyguards were available.

The day of the appointment, I ran late and got to the offices of Ratz Security as the sun dipped below the horizon and the full moon rose in the sky. As I approached the offices, I heard squeaking and the scurrying of many noisy feet. I cautiously opened the door, entered the offices and saw something that made me want to run away screaming, but I didn't.

The office bristled with many very large rats everywhere. One of the rats waddled up to me and said, "Welcome to Ratz Security, it is nice to see you again."

Published 
Written by frogprince
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments