Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
How Can I Choose?

"Is making a choice ever easy?"

10
9 Comments 9
1.9k Views 1.9k
266 words 266 words
Is it possible to cope simultaneously with the torment of choosing whether I will to stay and accept less than I desire, or the agony of wanting to walk away because I know you'll never be able to give me what I want? Something that means everything to me.

Torn between the exhilaration of a very deep love, or despair born of knowing I walked away from what little I had. Can the heartbreak and grief of a futile want be measured against the desolation I will feel if I walk away from what I cherish the most?

It is what it is… no promises were ever made but love intervened. The choice is mine, but how do I choose? The resulting heartbreak will follow either choice. I want to stay but I want to walk away. Which will bring my heart the least sorrow? If I stay will I have false hope in my heart that things might change? If I walk away will I have regrets? Oh no, there must never be regrets. I must make the right choice now and never look back. This is my last chance. I will never do this to myself again.

I’ve always chosen to stay when this inner war torments me. I want to again, but crave so much more. Can I carry on with the futile wish for more of you? Can I continue with the torturous inner dialogue of debate between love and loss?

Of course I can.

I love you.

I could never leave the part of you that is part of me.

Published 
Written by Trinket
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments