Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Ponder - Chapter 2 Nursery

0
0 Comments 0
1.2k Views 1.2k
428 words 428 words
Throughout his body, pain was the only thing he felt. His arms, torso, legs, but the most prominent pain was his head, he moved his hand to feel it and felt a large bump and a warm liquid that could only be blood; he then lost consciousness.

Upon waking up again the pain returned, everything felt sore but he was able to think clearly now though when he tried to recall what had happen, he couldn’t remember. Still laying on his back he began taking in his surroundings but he couldn’t see a thing, he wondered if he was blind or it was just totally dark.

Feeling around it seemed like he was laying at the bottom of a flight of stairs; he started to stand up though the painful he tried leaning his weight against the wall in front of him. He felt dizzy trying to support himself, after several minutes he was able to balance himself. He assumed he had fallen down these stairs. When trying to take a step up he instantly stepped down again, he was afraid, but wasn’t sure why. Turning around he felt the wall in front of him, to his surprise he felt a knob, it was in fact a door.

Not wanting to go up the stairs he decides to open the door a crack, a rush of light burned his eyes causing him to immediately close the door. He tried again, opening the door just a crack and letting his eyes adjust to the bright light. After a few minutes he opened the door completely to reveal a hallway, a white and very clean hallway. Slowing taking steps he walked down the hallway to find a four way interaction, to the left was another hallway, the right double doors and straight ahead a hallway that seemed to lead to some elevators. He decided to walk through the double doors.

He found himself in a what could only be a nursery, he now knew he was in a hospital. Small little beds on wheels in rows, small blankets and hats were folded neatly on counters, he was sure of it. The small beds were facing a window, he could see another hallway through the window. Closer inspection on the beds shown little just born babies wrapped up in a little blanket, blue or pink cards were attached to each bed; on each card there was a name.

At this point was when he realized he had no idea who he was or what he was doing here.
Published 
Written by Phyznix
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors