Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Ponder - Chapter 4 The Dog

1
0 Comments 0
962 Views 962
289 words 289 words
For some reason this word, 'ponder' meant something to him. It felt important to him, as if it ment something more than just a word but he couldn't quite get why.

He decided to dub his name Ponder till he could remember who he was.

Ponder took one last look around the room before walking over to the door, but before he could turn the knob, the door slowly began to open. Through the door came the same man from the hospital.

He took no notice to Ponder, as if he wasn't even there. With a bottle full of milk in his hand he walked over to the cradle. Taking the small child in his arms, feeding him. It was a very iconic sight.

Ponder felt the need to leave, felt like he was spying on this scene. Walking toward the door, Ponder knew if he went through the door that it would bring him somewhere completely different, to where? He had no idea.

After walking through the door Ponder found himself outside, on some sort of porch; he was in a backyard, a large grassy field with a in-ground pool and a white picket fence caging the whole yard in. Suddenly behind him a screen door opened and out came running a small white dog. The dog looked familiar somehow, but before he could think about it a small boy in a bathing suit came walking out followed by the man and woman also in bathing suits.

They were going swimming, Ponder watched as the man and boy were swimming around playing different pool games while the woman sat outside the pool reading a book they looked like they were having a lot of fun. This fascinated Ponder.
Published 
Written by Phyznix
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors