Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Ponder - Chapter 5 The Playground

0
0 Comments 0
1.0k Views 1.0k
381 words 381 words
Ponder sat on the grassy yard watching the family of three spending time together splashing around in the pool. The small white dog also laid on the ground sunbathing. Ponder was curious, so he got up and made his way over to the dog. The dog didn't notice him as expected, looking at its collar the dog's name is Bailey. It sounded very familiar to him but he couldn't quite put his finger on it.

Though watching this family made Ponder feel happy and relaxed he felt the need to leave, he wondered where else the doors would lead him.

Ponder walked back through the door that lead him to the yard.

He found himself in another hallway. This hallway was full of lockers along with colorful yet poorly drawn pictures, the smell was of sharpened pencils and erasers. There was no doubt in Ponder’s mind that he was in an elementary school.

Ponder could see at the end of the hall there were double doors with light shining in, they must lead outside Ponder thought. Ponder could feel the innocence of the school, young children running around having fun, Ponder could almost hear the laughter. In fact he was actually hearing laughter, coming from the other side of the double doors, kids must be having recess.

Ponder walked out through the doors and onto the playground; he found children playing around, some were walking and others were sitting. However Ponder spotted a group of kids behind a large slide, almost out of sight; when Ponder started to walk over most of the kids of the group started running toward Ponder. They zoomed past Ponder without noticing him at all, one of them was holding a stuffed animal, a black dog.

There was still one child behind the slide, it was the one who was swimming in the pool with the Man and Woman. The Boy was sobbing, wiping the tears away on his shirt; he was looking at the other few kids that ran past Ponder.

The group of kids had began to play catch with the stuffed animal. The Boy quickly got up and ran after the kids, it was a classic game of keep away, Ponder felt bad. But the only thing he could do is watch.

Published 
Written by Phyznix
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors