Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Snapshot

11
10 Comments 10
2.0k Views 2.0k
298 words 298 words
I stood and watched him. He couldn't see me, but I could see him clearly.

He was not paying attention to anyone around him, just to whomever he was texting on his phone. I saw him look up several times and apologize to strangers he was accidentally bumping into.

It made me smile.

I wondered who he was talking to. I found myself wanting to know who this person was, who had him so completely captivated. His smile was so sincere; the times that he laughed out loud made me happy, because they were genuine and honest responses.

I was intrigued by the person he must be talking to. Was it a woman? Yes, I think it had to be. Was she a friend? No, I think it must be a lover.

The way his fingers were quickly and deftly rushing over the keys, made me think it was someone that excited him.

I gasped a little bit when I noticed him licking his lip and shifting from one foot to the other. What wouldn't I do to see what he had just read? Did his lover tell him some intimate detail? Or did she perhaps send him a explicit picture that had him fidgeting and wishing he was somewhere more private?

Watching him made me excited.

He pushed his glasses up his nose as he smiled and then shook his head. He put the phone away and I watched as he walked down the produce aisle.

I saw him stop and take out his phone again. He took a picture and laughed as I watched him send a text to accompany what I imagine was the photo he had just taken.

I was confused, but thoroughly amused. Why the hell was he taking pictures of the avocados?

Published 
Written by Blue
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments