Find your next favourite story now
Login

G
Why is it so GREY?

"A little story about me and the colour GREY."

1
2 Comments 2
1.1k Views 1.1k
215 words 215 words
It’s affection is want based. The more you want it the more it likes it. There is a streak of madness and sadistic pleasure when it makes itself accessible. The game plan is extremely simple and easy to decipher once you concentrate on its past and the reasons when this all began.

It was tormented in the beginning, between being black or white. And then one fine day after many injuries to its great expectations, it decided to be GREY. That too a dark shade of grey.

Interesting was its thought process behind it, and how do I know it? you ask. Because I asked it one day. Why grey?

Because it’s the colour of ashes. Ashes from the soul. Because the whites people ignore. The whites become you, and you don’t even notice the difference.

But not so with grey ashes. The ashes leave a mark. It is a contrast to the whites, and when the ashes blow with the wind and land on you, you notice, first trying to dust if off and then curse yourself for being unmindful of where it came from.

Where did it come from? The clichéd question repeats itself again and again, till the ashes find someone who asks: “Why is it so GREY?”

Published 
Written by MileeBanerjeeOGN
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments