Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Asylum

6
6 Comments 6
654 Views 654
796 words 796 words

He spat in the guard's face and managed to shove him to the ground before two more restrained him. While he struggled and thrashed violently, he slammed one man against the wall and the other against a filing cabinet. You'd think they would learn not to try and take advantage of him. He may be crazy, but he sure as hell didn't bat for the other team. The warden's voice boomed through the hallway and he could hear him stomping as he made a break for the window leading out into the hall. "What the hell is going on around here?"

"It's Eric, sir! He's went crazy again during transfer!"

Smoothly, he slid out of the office window and into the bleached out, white halls of Rainfall Hills Asylum. Of course, he knew he'd be noticed, considering he originally belonged on the basement level of the twelve story facility. He was what they often referred to as a 'dirt crawler,' because the basement level was so low that they were pretty much crawling in the dirt, and they were strictly forbidden to be out of their cells. He couldn't even walk up to the cafeteria during lunch and he sure as hell couldn't go outside for fresh air. It didn't matter if there was a sixteen-foot fence surrounding the place, or the fact that it had its own moat. Life was hard for all of the thirteen patients kept on the basement floor. Therefore, he was going to enjoy his time in the fluorescent main halls of the bustling asylum for as long as he possibly could.

"Eric!" His green eyes flashed mischievously and he immediately took off sprinting down the hall, knocking people over along the way. The sound of heavy footsteps lingered closer behind him and seemed to spark his adrenaline.

"Get him! Someone, for the love of God!" A smile crept onto his face at the desperation in the many voices behind him. That sound of desperation led him to believe he was in full control of the situation, and that's the way he liked things.

"Why do you pull shit like that?" The dark complected brunette asked and leaned on Eric's cell door.

He turned his head slightly and peered back at the black headed patient. "I don't owe you an explanation, Micheal."

The brunette stood straight and turned to face his assigned patient, "Uhh, yeah you do. I thought we had this mutual understanding here, Eric. I'm your assigned guard until you rot in here, so in order to make life slightly easier you have to act like you have sense, so I don't have to be up your ass all the time."

Eric snarled some, "You're always up my ass."

"And now you know why!" Eric gave the man a sharp glare and plopped down on his single bed. The silence grew long and annoying between both of them.

"So what did the Warden say?"

Micheal wrapped a large hand around one bar and shifted his weight, "Oh, just the usual. Ya' know, he was just chatting about how if it were up to him you'd be on your way to the electric chair by now."

Eric chuckled and stood up from the rock hard bunk. "He makes this seem like more of a prison than a damn asylum, he may as well fill out the paperwork. I can't stand this place."

"So you'd rather be dead?"

Green eyes narrowed in on Micheal, as if he'd took that jab to the heart. "Don't pretend like you know what it's like to be confined to your own damn company, I have every right to be as hateful as possible, and you're just a dog for the warden. Every guard in this building is the same; just a doormat."

"Hey, it pays pretty good." Micheal watched him make his way over to the rusted, paint peeled bars.

"It's kinda' sick how you people can watch someone waste away behind these frail rusty bars just because they're short a few chromosomes, don't you think?"

"A few chromosomes? You're a danger to society itself."

"Society needs people like me."

"Ha, if that helps you sleep at night. In here you're legally not a part of society anymore."

"Oh yes, and they seem to be doing so good without me." He fired back sarcastically, "It wouldn't make society any worse if I were running around freely. Pretty soon the government will fail and we'll all have to start from scratch."

"How would you know, you're locked in this damn basement all the time!" Micheal yelled and seemed slightly bothered at his prediction. Eric, on the other hand, had his face placed between the bars with a disgusting smile. Micheal gritted his teeth, "You're disturbed."

 

 

Published 
Written by Anonymous
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments