Find your next favourite story now
Login

13+
Cop Stories 4

3
3 Comments 3
1.2k Views 1.2k
603 words 603 words
It was another beautiful warm Summer night on the graveyard shift, 6:00 pm-6:00 am. Checked the houses of the residents on vacation that had requested a house check. Pull in to the driveway and exit the vehicle. Flashlight in one hand while the other closed around the butt of my pistol, I begin my circuit around the house checking all the windows and doors. I make notations on my daily of the time and findings.

Around 1:00 am I head down to the park to check the parking lot at the foot of the bike path. From the street I look through the trees and see a vehicle parked. No lights on and the engine is off. I advise dispatch of my location and the other road unit advises me that he is rolling that way.

You never know what this check will yield as parks and paths close at 11:00 pm. A drug deal or possible some teenagers partaking in some illegal substance or alcohol. I roll in dark. Roll in dark is cop speak for turning off all the vehicles exterior lights. The moonlight offers enough light to see my intended target. The car is backed into a parking spot so I cannot come up behind it.

I decide to approach from the side and when I get within a foot and I turn on all the lights. Headlights on bright, spot light and take down lights. From the back of the vehicle I see the flailing of arms and legs, long blond hair and a half naked female torso, I decided to douse all the lights on my vehicle while I advise dispatch that I will be out with a subject vehicle occupied times two.

The vehicle occupants are now in the front seat so I move to the rear of their vehicle and have dispatch run the plate. I then approach the drivers side window. There is a handsome young man at the wheel with an embarrassed look on his face and he thanks me for turning off the lights. I ask for a drivers license, registration and proof of insurance.

As his hand moves toward his right side rear pocket I use my flashlight to illuminate the interior of the car and again on hand is placed of the butt of my weapon. I look at the license and the picture matches, I ask dispatch to run his DLN, drivers license number. While waiting for dispatch to respond I look over at the female in the passenger seat where she is process of discreetly attempting to pull down her short skirt. She is blond and very attractive, but very young looking.

Dispatch advises me that the male has no wants or warrants and that his license is current and the vehicle is registered to him. I walk to the passenger side of the vehicle and tap on the window.

"May I see your drivers license young lady?"

"Why do you need to see my license?"

"Because you look about sixteen years old."

I am rewarded with a big smile and she rummages in her purse for a moment and produces a state issued identification card and a college ID card which verifies that she is twenty two years old. I thank her and move back to the drivers side.

"Look, I am not going to ask what you're doing as I ain't stupid, but you should consider taking this to a motel."

"No, I think we are done for the night." he responds.

"Yeah, cop-interuptus can ruin your Evening."

I bid them good night and advise dispatch that I am clear.

Published 
Written by The_Count
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your imaginative stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments